Grading scale for Algebra 1, Algebra 2,and Geometry:
Daily grades (homework, quizzes, class work): 40%
Major grades (tests, writing assignments, projects): 60%
(There is a minimum of 3 major grades per 6 weeks)
Calculators are used extensively in the Algebra curriculum, and to a lesser extent, in the Geometry curriculum. Students are provided a calculator for classroom use. Calculators are also available from the DHS library for a two-day check out period. Students are not required to purchase calculators. If you wish to purchase a calculator, we recommend the TI-84 series. This calculator is the one that students will use on the TAKS test and is suitable for all High School and most college math courses. However, please do not bring personal calculators to school.
Prentice Hall's Graphing Calculator Instructions
Region 4's Graphing Calculator Tutorials
- Spiral notebook of your choice to keep notes. You will keep notes for the entire year. The spiral will encourage you to keep them all in one place. You will need a folder or binder to keep all of your daily warm-ups and daily assignments, pop quizzes, etc.
- Ruler, marked in inches and centimeters
- Lots of paper for homework
- Map colors or crayons or markers to aid in marking diagrams to solve problems.
- Dry erase markers for use on small white boards. (2 in contrasting colors should be adequate)
- Graph paper
- Red pen for grading