As an integral part of the schools total program, Pearland High School Counselors have a commitment to encourage individual uniqueness, to promote the awareness of multicultural diversity and to help students maximize their overall potential. Our program addresses the academic, social, emotional, and career needs of all students.
The vision of the Pearland High School Counseling Department is to assist all individuals in acquiring the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to become effective students, responsible citizens, productive workers and lifelong learners. The ultimate goal is for students to graduate with the competencies necessary to make self-directed, realistic, and responsible decisions and to be successful contributors to society.
Contact your PHS Counselor
Jimia Baker Student Support Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Pearland ISD Schedule Change Policy:
Starting the first day of school, a schedule change will only be considered based on the following criteria:
- The student is a senior not scheduled in a course needed for graduation.
- The student has already earned credit for a course currently scheduled.
- The student does not meet the prerequisite requirements for a course.
- The student has previously failed this class under the same teacher.
- The student was dismissed from a program where approval must be granted.
Page 12: Course Selection Handbook