Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in History from the University of Texas at Tyler.
Ms. Beth Womack
I am so very excited to teach you all about US History this year. I have a passion and background in History and Special Education from The University of Texas at Tyler. It is important to know our nation's history to have a better understanding of the world today. Please contact me via email with any questions you may have. I want each of you to succeed and I am here to help you in any way.
"Every child deserves a champion; an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best they can possibly be."
Students and parents, please check the class calendar frequently to see upcoming assignments, due dates and events.
***I have tutorials every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:30-8:30. You are welcome to come in anytime***
Welcome to US History with Ms. Womack. This year the learner will be discovering the history of the United States from Colonization to Reconstruction. Topics discussed will be: American beginnings, Colonies in the Americas, the Colonies break free, a new American nation, building a strong nation, a changing nation, the nation expands west, the nation breaks apart, and a growing America. Each student will be required to not only know people, places, and events, but also be able to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize the information. We will also be discussing the concept of power and how it manifests itself through events.
The method of assessment and grades will be as follows:
- Daily Work (40%)
- Test-Projects (60%)
- Extra Credit (Opportunities will be given to earn extra credit throughout the individual units).
- Corrections can be made for any grade below 70(1 week from return)
- Any test below 70 can be retaken to bring grade up to a 70( 1 week from return)
- 3 subject spiral notebook
- 10 pack of colored pencils
- 3 glue sticks
Rules and Guidelines
- Appropriate language will be used at all times, including self talk
- Cellphones are not allowed to be out in the classroom. If I see your device, you will need to put your cellphone into the organizer hanging on the file cabinet that coordinates to your desk number. If you phone goes off in the classroom, you will place it on my desk until the end of the period, when it will be taken to the Assistant Principal's office.
- ON BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) days, this rule will change, but you will be told in advance.
- We will respect one another's personal items at all times
- Students are to keep their hands to themselves
- We talk one at a time in the classroom, raise your hand if you have a questions and/or comment
- Assignments are due at the beginning of class unless otherwise specified by Ms. Womack
If you have any questions about these rules and guidelines, feel free to contact me to discuss further.
- Conference time: 11:00am-11:30am
- Phone number: 281-727-1500
- Email address: email@example.com
- Tutoring times: Mon,Wed,Fri 8:00-8:35am