Welcome to your weekly (or every other week, rather) dose of vocabulary! First and foremost, I would like for you all to understand that completing these vocabulary assignments are crucial to your writing, reading, and even speaking skills. I expect students to use their newly learned vocabulary words in their writing and speaking.
Here are the steps you will need to follow in order to gain access to our vocabulary program.
Register for vocabulary.com
- PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE CORRECT CLASS PERIOD!
Hint: you may want to make this page a favorite on your computer at home. Make sure you pay attention to due dates for each list. Specific due dates and vocabulary word lists can be found on your correct subject's page under the current term.
Please see the requirements below along with some helpful tips and tricks to being successful with week vocabulary!
-You must know the following for EACH word:
- Part of Speech
- 1 synonym
- 1 antonym
- Context (put the word in a sentence)
- 1. Admonish (v.) - to caution or advise against something; to scold mildly; to remind of a duty
- Syonnym - warn
- Antonym - praise
- Sentence (context) - The librarian had to admonish the noisy students several times before they setteled down.
Helpful tips and tricks:
You may want to do the following in order to help you study your weekly vocab.
- Writing a document with the word along with the requirements for each word on a weekly basis
- Using the KIM CHART to help you study
- Using the WORDBUSTING DOCUMENT to help you study