During class time, students must have a pass from their teacher to come to the library.
The library staff cannot write passes to excuse students who are late to class.
Sign in when you enter the library and leave your pass at the checkout desk.
- You are not required to have a pass before school, during lunch, or after school.
6:45am - 2:45pm
Students can access their library account information through the PHS Library Catalog using their network username and password.
- Students must present their school ID to check out library materials.
- Students may have a maximum of 5 items checked out.
- Books - 2 weeks
- Magazines - 2 weeks
- Calculators - 2 weeks
- Flash Drives - 2 weeks
- Overdue fines are 5¢ per day with a maximum of $1 fine per overdue item.
- Small fines that are less than $1 will be deleted. Fines over $1 (4 weeks overdue) will remain.
- Overdue notices are typically sent every 3-6 weeks.
It is your responsibility to return materials in a timely manner and to pay your fines whether or not you receive a notice. You are responsible for the replacement cost of any lost items or items that are damaged beyond repair.
Library computers maybe used to work on assignments.
Using computers to play games and/or listen to music is prohibited.
Scheduled classes have priority on library computers during the school day.
- comply with the District Internet Usage Policy
- have a signed Acceptable Use form on file in order to access the Internet at school.
Internet access is filtered and access to outside e-mail services is denied per district policy.