2017-2018 Substitute Teacher Orientation dates will be scheduled as needed. Thank you for your interest in substituting with Pearland ISD.
Pearland ISD appreciates your efforts to ensure the educational process is not interrupted and to prepare students to perform at their highest potential.
Substitute Teacher Orientation Reminders:
- 1928 N. Main St
Pearland, TX 77584, (Human Resources Training Room)
- Arrive 30 minutes before orientation begins
- SmartForms submitted through Winocular application system prior to attending
- Transcripts uploaded to online application
- Region IV Certificate uploaded to online application (Non-Certified Applicants)
- Fingerprinting payment receipt, (if fingerprinting is applicable)
- 1928 N. Main St
*Do you or someone you know meet the below qualifications to substitute as a Nurse or Health Care Assistant (HCA) and may be interested in making extra money? If so, please view and share the information below.
Substitutes for the Clinic:
Nurse substitutes: $95 per day
- Valid RN
- Valid CPR Certification
- Can sub in HCA positions at RN sub rate
Health Care Assistant substitutes: $75 per day
- Background in Health Sciences- 60 college hours preferred
- Valid CPR/First Aid certificate
*Once you complete an online application to substitute in our clinics, please contact HRS at 281-485-3203 and we will provide a number to contact the district head nurses to schedule a brief interview. Thank you.
Substitute Teacher Orientation 2017-2018:
Previous Substitutes that did not submit a Letter of Reasonable Assurance for the 2017-2018 school year will have to be rehired. Please update your application, and contact HR.
Note: Each orientation allows 30 applicants.
1. Complete Online Application:
Complete the substitute online application. You must attach transcripts and certifications (if applicable) before attending orientation. Once an orientation date is posted, you are required to attach your application to the date selected. Please continue to check our website for orientations. The dates are posted on an as needed basis.
If you need a computer or a scanner, they are available in the Employment Center in Human Resource Services. After you apply for an orientation date, you will receive an email to complete the necessary employment process.
If fingerprinting is needed, you will receive an email with your fingerprinting Fast Pass, which will have a contact number to find an L-1 fingerprinting facility. You are responsible for payment and scheduling this appointment. The facility will accept credit/debit card, check or money order payment for $45.75 plus tax (no cash). Take your Fast Pass to the appointment along with a valid ID. Otherwise, you will be notified to move on to the next step.
3. Complete Region 4 Online Training- (Standard or Lifetime Texas Certified Teachers excluded)
Visit the Region 4 Substitute Training page. Registration is $25 for the online course. Attach a certificate of completion to your Pearland ISD online application before orientation. For questions about this course, contact Region 4.
- When registering for Substitute Training 1.2, you will see three drop-downs. Please put Pearland ISD for the district, pick any school in our district and put paraprofessional in the last-drop down.
- Once you have registered and paid, you will find your online course on the left hand-side. Click "Registration/Certificate," then the "Online Courses" tab. Finally, click the play button. (The program player will prompt you if you do not have the player requirements.)
- To print certificate- Click "Registration/Certificate", then "Completed". There is a hyperlink to the course "Evaluation". Once the evaluation is complete a computer generated Region 4 certificate with your name will give you the option to "Save" or "Print".
4. Substitute Teacher SmartForms:
Once fingerprinting has been verified, you will receive an email to complete required electronic forms. You may log onto your online Pearland ISD application and click on the "Substitute Teacher Forms" on the right. Once you complete these forms, click "Send to HR."
5. Bring to Orientation:
- Fingerprinting payment receipt, if applicable
- Two unexpired identifications
- SmartForms submitted to HRS prior to arriving for orientation
Substitute Office Contact:
Nila Williams, Substitute/AESOP Clerk.