Pearland ISD offers student teaching placement opportunities for college students and alternative certification candidates.
Steps to Apply for Student Teaching:
1. Your program director/supervisor must contact Roxana Rigdon to request your placement in our district. Be sure he/she includes student name, certification areas, grade-level preference and beginning and end dates of placement.
2. Complete the "Other/Volunteer" online application indicating the position preference of student teacher (state background check will be processed). Include a valid email address.
3. Once you are accepted, your program director/supervisor will receive an email designating a campus and mentor. Do not contact the campus principal or teachers.
4. Complete digital fingerprinting (reimbursed by district) – FAST pass information will be sent by email. Student teachers are responsible for calling to schedule their fingerprint appointment.
5. Student teachers must turn in fingerprint documentation and payment receipt to Human Resource Office to be reimbursed and to have a photo ID badge made.
All steps must be complete one week before starting on campus as a student teacher.
NOTE: Please contact our office the semester before your student teaching. Late inquiries may be denied based on campus/teacher availability.