Meal Accounts / Charging Policy
Pearland ISD participates in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs and offers students nutritionally-balanced, low-cost or free meals daily. These programs fall under the direction of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and are administered at the state level by the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA).
Free and reduced-priced meals are available based on financial need. Please use the Free and Reduced Lunch Application link to apply online anytime.
If you do not have Internet access, computers are available at the Food Service Department (1928 N. Main, Pearland, TX 77581). If you prefer a paper copy, please call 281-412-1244. If you have not received a letter stating that your child is already approved for the 2017-18 school year, you MUST submit a new application.
Your Child’s Account
Once enrolled, all Pearland ISD students receive a 6 digit student ID number, which corresponds to their personal breakfast/lunch account. This PIN will remain the same as long as the student is enrolled in Pearland ISD.
The Point of Sale system allows parents to deposit money into their child's account for breakfast, lunch, snacks and a la carte items purchased in the cafeteria. Money is deducted from each student's account when the student uses his/her PIN to make purchases. Please help your child memorize this PIN so he/she can enter it at the register.
- Send cash or check to the child's school cafeteria.
- Make checks payable to Pearland ISD Food Service Department. (Checks must include child’s name and PIN, as well as check writer's name, physical address and phone number.)
- Visit www.schoolcafe.com or call 855-729-2328. (To use this system, you will need to know your child’s student ID number. You can view your child’s purchase history and deposit money in his/her account using a credit or debit card.)
Student Account Restrictions
Parent’s may place restrictions on their student’s Food Service account using the School Café meal payment system. If you are not currently enrolled, it is free and easy to enroll. Register at schoolcafe.com. You will need your student’s 6-digit ID number. You can get this number from a report card, calling your student’s campus, or by contacting the Food Service Department. In addition to being able to set up account restrictions, School Café provides many other amenities; you can check account history, make a payment by debit or credit card, set up automatic payments, and set up low balance alerts.
The restriction options you can choose online are:
- Do not allow my student to use CASH for a la carte purchases on these selected days
- Do not allow my student to DEBIT their account for a la carte purchases on these selected days
- Set a maximum number of a la carte purchases allowed per day
- Set a maximum amount (4) for a la carte purchases daily, weekly, or monthly
The Food Service Department adheres to the following policy when students do not have sufficient funds in their account to cover the price of a meal:
If students forget their money or their account is diminished, they will be allowed to charge “MEALS ONLY” until they exceed -$5.00. After the charging limit has been reached, students will be served an alternative meal (cheese sandwich, vegetable, and a choice of milk) at no charge. An email or letter will be sent to the parent/guardian to inform them that the student’s account is nearing a zero balance. All negative balances on the students’ accounts must be paid by the end of the school year.
Junior High & High School