Parent Information and Education
Region 4 Training
Many training opportunities are offered through Region 4 Education Support Center.
Teaching Students with Autism: Shaping Programs
This program consists of a series of web-based modules designed to provide foundational information on autism for parents and educators. The information included in each module focuses on different but related aspects of autism:
- Module 1: Definition, Prevalence and Characteristics
- Module 2: Individualized Supports and Services
- Module 3: Functional Approach to Behavior
- Module 4: Learning Environment
- Module 5: Specialized Curriculums and Instruction
- Module 6: Scientifically-Based Research
This is a fantastic resource for working with children who have autism. Pearland ISD parents interested in participating in this web-based training should contact Special Programs for more information.
Special Education Rules and Regulations
The purpose of the Special Education Rules and Regulations Side-by-Side is to assist educators, parents and other stakeholders in better understanding federal regulations (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act), state law (Texas Education Code) and state rules (Texas Administrative Code: Commissioner's and State Board of Education Rules Concerning Special Education).