Welcome to a new school year of reading! Students in kindergarten will check out one library book. Students in first through second grade will check out 2 library books at a time. Students third through fourth grade will check out 3 library books at a time.
All students need to bring back the book(s) they checked out the previous week to be able to check out another book. The library does not charge late fees. However, students with even one late book will not be allowed to check out another book until the late book is returned, rechecked, or paid for if lost. Students who want to recheck a book should bring the book with them to the library to recheck it for another week.
Please help your child with these things:
- Find a safe place to keep library books so they will not get lost or damaged.
- Send the library books back to the library to be mended if accidentally damaged.
- Be willing to pay for books that are damaged beyond repair and for books that are lost/misplaced. A student will not be able to check out a new book until the old book is returned or paid for. Refunds will be issued for books returned in good condition before May 31, 2017.
- Your child needs to carry library books home and back to school in a backpack or a ziplock bag—especially on rainy days.
- Send library books to school on your child’s library day (*see library tip below).
- Students must bring the library book to the library to recheck the book.
- Most of all…Read to your child, listen to your child read, talk to him/her about what he/she is reading, and have fun with reading.
Library tip: If your child is having a hard time remembering his/her library day, one idea is for your child to place his/her library book(s) in his/her backpack every day. When it is library day, then your child will already have his/her library books.