The application period for all grandfather transfer applications, including employees’ children, is April 17 - May 26, 4:45 p.m.
No extensions will be given. Students who do not apply for a transfer will attend their zoned campus -- no exceptions.
Pearland ISD allows students completing third grade to apply for a “grandfather transfer” for one year if the district rezoned their home to a different school for the next school year.
Because there are limited opportunities to receive a grandfather transfer, applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The following must apply:
- Student completes the current school year in third grade at Cockrell.
- Student’s home was rezoned to a different school for next school year.
- Student will be promoted and enter fourth grade in 2017-18.
- Student must meet the eligibility requirements for transfer students.
- Grandfather transfers do not apply to siblings or students who move.
- Pearland ISD will not provide transportation to transfer students.
To apply for a grandfather transfer, submit an intra-district transfer application online during the application period. Under “reasons” for transfer request, click “other” and put “grandfather transfer.”