THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING C.J. HARRIS!!
What are We Raising Funds For?
This 2017-2018 school year, the PTA has two major fundraisers planned. Our fall fundraiser will kick off with Big Kahuna. Our spring fundraiser will be s. We know that many parents are unsure of what we raise funds for, so we have outlined below the main programs that are supported in our current budget.
* One of the biggest programs that PTA funds will help to support is the replacement of the playgound equipment.
* PTA funds pay for a drug abuse prevention program presented to all grade levels during Red Ribbon Week in October. We also provide small souvenirs for the students during red ribbon week.
* We help support our 3rd and 4th grade students as they prepare for the STAAR Testing in the spring. We have an assembly about test taking strategies that injects a bit of humor to help calm the test taking jitters. An anti-bullying program is done for the children in pre-k through 2nd grade. The PTA also provides snacks for all 3rd and 4th grade students on testing days.
* PTA funds pay for academic planners purchased for all 4th grade students. We also purchase a small gift for all 4th grade students at the end of the school year.
* The annual school-wide field day (Hoopla Day) is funded by the PTA.
* We fund the Watch D.O.G.S program which encourages fathers, grandfathers, and other male role models to be involved in PTA and school activities.
* We use donations and PTA funds to show appreciation for our teachers and staff for their hard work, dedication and the important role they play in educating our youth. We host teacher and staff appreciation luncheons and give tokens of appreciation to teachers and staff at the end of the school year.
We are always in need of volunteers. If you work full-time or stay at home, we have room for your help!
If you have any questions contact us at CJHarrisPTA@gmail.com
Thank you in advance for your support.
C.J. Harris PTA