We've been matched . . . now what?
The following is a list of resources that mentors can use as they see fit with their mentee. It has been divided into ice breakers/conversation starters, goal setting/career exploration and miscellaneous activities. Most activities can be modified to work with any age.
Ice Breakers/Conversation Starters
- Suggested First Meeting Activities
- Getting to Know Me...
- Getting to Know You Handout for Mentor and Mentee
- Identifying Interests and Favorite Activities
- Appropriate Roles and Activities
- 80 Questions Mentors Can Ask Their Mentees
Goal Setting/Career Exploration
- Goal Setting and Decision Making
- High School/Teen Mentoring Activity Book (also geared toward younger students)
- What Will the Future Bring?
- The Mentor Toolkit from Take Stock in Children (Personal growth, goal setting, career exploration/planning, etc.)
- Activities for Building Strengths in Your Mentee
- Fun Learning Activities for Mentors/Mentees
- Activity Ideas for Middle School Students
- Topics for Discussion with High School Students
- 75 Cool Activities for Mentors and Mentees
- I Can Change
- Easy Card Games for Kids
- I Can't Imagine My Life Without...
- Tearing of Labels
Video Resources (List of video clips you might wish to use with your mentee)
- Closure Manual
- Tagul directions and instructions
- Summer address cards
- Beach Ball reflections
- Looking Back Over Our Year Together
- Letter from mentor to parents
- Letter from mentor to parents (Spanish Version)
- Before and Because T-chart
- Summer Journal