According to state law and school board policy, all students must be fully immunized. These rules apply:
- A student must show acceptable evidence before entry, attendance or transfer to the district.
- A student may be provisionally enrolled if he/she has begun the required immunizations but must have received at least one dose of each age-appropriate vaccine.
- A student can be provisionally enrolled for no more than 30 days if he or she transfers from one Texas school to another. If acceptable records are not received within that time, your child will be withdrawn.
- Homeless students (as defined by the McKinney-Vento Act) may be provisionally enrolled for 30 days.
- Foster children may be provisionally enrolled for 30 days.
- A dependent of a person who is on active duty with the U.S. armed forces may be enrolled provisionally for no more than 30 days if the student transfers from one school to another and is awaiting the transfer of the immunization record.
- If an enrolling student can prove he/she is a member of the U.S. armed forces and is on active duty, he/she is exempt from producing an immunization record -- FFAB (legal) updated 9/07.
For information regarding medical or conscientious exemptions, visit www.dshs.texas.gov or call your campus school nurse.
Kindergarten Enrollment Immunizations
DTaP - 4 doses*
Polio - 3 doses*
MMR - 2 doses**
Hepatitis B - 3 doses
Varicella - 2 doses**
Hepatitis A - 2 doses**
For complete immunization requirements, contact your campus nurse.
*One dose must be received on/after fourth birthday.
**First dose must be received on/after first birthday.
7th Grade Required Immunizations
In addition to all of the above, the following are required for entry into the 7th grade:
Tdap/Td - 1 booster within last 5 years
MCV4 - 1 dose is required on or after the student's 11th birthday