Early Kindergarten Enrollment
Enrollment takes place at zoned campus:
April 8 - 11 (not on Friday, April 12th)
8 - 11 a.m. &
1 - 3 p.m. (daily)
5 - 7 p.m. (late night)
Campus Tour on Evening of Tues, April 9 - call the campus for campus tour times.
Campus Tour Elementary Schools:
Tuesday, May 28th 4:00 -5:00 p.m. - all elementary schools
Kinder Enrollment Flyer
Pearland ISD Kindergarten Enrollment
Pearland Independent School District offers full-day kindergarten at its 11 elementary campuses.
To enter kindergarten in 2013-14, your child must. . . .
• Be five years old on/before Sept. 1
• Be enrolled by a parent/legal guardian who lives in Pearland ISD.
For enrollment questions, contact Janet Christman in the Support Services Office at 281.485.3203.
4 Steps to Kindergarten Enrollment
1 Documents required for enrollment
• Deed or current home lease (tax statement may be used for deed; apartment lease must list parent and student)
• Current utility bill (electric, gas or water)
• Parent/guardian Texas driver’s license/ID with correct address
• Student immunization records: Must up to date and validated by a school official
• Student’s official birth certificate
• Student’s Social Security card
2 Documents completed during early kindergarten enrollment
April 8-11 at zoned campus
• Student Registration Form
• Texas Public School Student/Staff Ethnicity and Race Questionnaire
• Texas Department of State Health Services Target Tuberculin Testing Screening Form
• Home Language Survey
• Parental Relation Form
• Pre-K/Kinder Student Transportation Registration (color-coded per campus)
• Annual Online Registration E-mail Form
3 Annual online registration forms
Students who enroll by August 2 will complete additional
registration forms online between July 22 - August 16.
• Student Information Verification and Emergency Contact Information
• Migrant Student Survey
• Network Acceptable Use Policy
• Student Insurance Information
• Admissions & Attendance Policy
• Food Services Online Application
4 Address verification/teacher assignment pick-up
August 21-22, 3-7 p.m. at zoned campus
• Address/Proof of Residency Verification
• Online Registration Verification
• Student Code of Conduct & Campus Handbook Acknowledgment
• Teacher Assignment
• First Week "Way Home" Card
Order a Certified Birth Certificate (Official Website of the State of Texas)
Solicite un Certificado de Nacimiento (El sitio web oficial del Estado de Texas)
Texas.gov is reminding parents and school districts about the ability to order birth certificates online. Parents can go directly to Texas.gov and order a certified birth certificate for $22, the same price as a walk-in or mail order. This easy-to-use online service is offered in English and Spanish and provides parents with a straightforward, secure option for ordering their child’s birth certificate. The orders are fulfilled by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment Information
Pre-kindergarten in the Pearland Independent School District is a half-day program.
To qualify for the pre-kindergarten program, the child must reside in Pearland ISD, be four years old on or before September 1, and meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficient: Students who speak or hear another language at home may qualify as Limited English Proficient. They will be tested prior to registration to determine placement in the program. Spanish language speakers will be tested in Spanish and may attend one of the district’s bilingual campuses. You must first go to your home campus to fill out a Home Language Survey.
- Economically Disadvantaged: Students qualifying as economically disadvantaged must meet the federal income eligibility guidelines.
- Military Families: The child of a parent who is actively serving in the military or who was injured or killed while actively serving in the military. Appropriate Department of Defense identification or documentation must be provided.
If your child qualifies under any of these criteria, you may enroll him or her at the campus during new student enrollment.
Income Eligibility Guidelines