In response to community input, the Pearland ISD Board of Trustees made changes to the 2011-12 student dress code during the Aug. 9 regular meeting.
Here is a recap of these changes:
• PK-12 grades: Shirts may be untucked (shirttail may not extend longer than fingertips).
• PK-12 grades: Belts are recommended but not required.
• 5-6 grades: Capri pants, shorts and skorts are allowed (shorts and skorts must be no more than three inches above the knee).
• 7-12 grades: Jeans that fit at the waist are allowed (no holes, ragging or slicing).
Parents and students are responsible for reading and following details included in the student dress code.
- 2011-12 Student Dress Code