Come one, come all for Dawson High School's 2012-13 theatre season.
From a s-p-e-l-l-binding competition to the three-ring circus, Ovation Theatre offers a varied lineup of shows.
Dates for upcoming shows are as follows:
• "25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee," Aug. 30-31 and Sept. 1, 6 and 8, DHS auditorium. In this one-act musical comedy set at fictional Putnam Valley Middle School, six quirky students compete in a spelling bee run by three equally-quirky grown-ups.
• "A Christmas Carol," Dec. 3-9, DHS auditorium. In this joint production by Ovation Theatre and Encore Choir, miserly Ebenezer Scrooge learns the meaning of the season after a rendezvous with three ghosts.
• "Barnum," Jan. 31 and Feb. 1-2 and 7-9, DHS auditorium. Based on the life of showman P. T. Barnum, this show combines elements of traditional musical theatre with the circus, including jugglers, trapeze artists and clowns.
• "Paganini" (UIL One-Act Play), Dates TBA, DHS auditorium.
• POP Rocks, May 23, DHS auditorium.
• POP Show, May 24-25, DHS auditorium.
For theatre updates, visit www.pearlandisd.org or the DHS webpage or call the campus at 281.412.8800.