Communications wins 16 state PR awards
The Pearland ISD Communications Department celebrated 16 awards -- including two top distinctions -- at the Texas School Public Relations Association conference in late February.
Pearland ISD won two prestigious Best of Category awards for a Senior Walk photo and a Teacher of the Year published print advertisement.
In addition, the district won these awards:
- Best of Category and Gold Star: Senior Walk photo
- Best of Category and Gold Star: Teacher of the Year advertisement
- Gold Star: Kindergarten Enrollment brochure for non-English speaking audience
- Gold Star: RISE Mentoring branding
- Gold Star: PACE Graduation photo
- Gold Star: RISE Mentoring recruiting video
- Gold Star: e-News newsletter
- Gold Star: Pearland ISD Website Launch
- Silver Star: “The Progress” newsletter
- Silver Star: Job Fair flyer
- Silver Star: Pearland ISD Profile brochure
- Silver Star: RISE Mentoring Volunteer brochure
- Silver Star: RISE Mentoring logo
- Silver Star: Pearland ISD website
- Silver Star: National Mentoring Month social media campaign
- Platinum Award Certificate: RISE Mentoring
“I am honored to work alongside communications team members who take pride in creating world-class publications and programs. We are extremely proud of this statewide recognition. We love what we do every day -- communicating the great things happening in our schools and broadcasting the achievements of students and staff,” Kim Hocott, executive director of communications, said.