|RESOURCES » Power Science » 3rd Nine Weeks » Formation of Sedimentary Rock
Formation of Sedimentary Rock
FORMATION OF SEDIMENTARY ROCK
- Sedimentary rock is made from layers of crushed rock that have been cemented together and pressed with extreme pressure over long periods of time.
Sedimentary Rocks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE3jR_RhxO4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mVOY8y5gQ4
WED This is a 60 second video that really explains this concept. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFnpm4SUF7I
NOW LOOK AT THESE SITES
1. Sedimentary Rock: Look at this diagram. http://www.learner.org/interactives/rockcycle/diagram.html
2. Formation of Sedimentary Rock: Arrow through the steps of formation. http://ees.as.uky.edu/sites/default/files/elearning/module08swf.swf
3. Landforms: Study the landforms. http://mrnussbaum.com/wlandforms/
4. Landform Sites: Choose from interactive sites to study. http://www.lincoln.dubuque.k12.ia.us/School-Wide/internet_resources/expeditions/3rdgrade/landforms.htm
5. BRAIN POP LANDFORM GAME: http://www.brainpop.com/games/landformdetectives/
6. Other Landform games: http://reviewgamezone.com/game.php?id=86
7. WED quiz:
8. Weathering /Erosion/Deposition Review Game: http://www.superteachertools.com/jeopardyx/jeopardy-review-game.php?gamefile=1296575191
Sedimentary Rocks Power Point
(pptx file - 674 KB)
||PPTX file: You need Microsoft PowerPoint to view this file. Download a free PowerPoint viewer for PC or Macintosh.
The Rock Cycle Interactive Site
Sedimentary Processes Interactive Site
Relative Rock Layers
Help these people identify the age of different rock layers.
Rock Cycle Quiz
See how much you know and then see how well you scored.
Interactive Rock Cycle Animation
Sedimentary Rock Quiz.
Read and take a quiz over sedimentary rocks.