Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts in English from The University of Texas at Austin Certifications: English Language Arts and Reading (grades 8-12) English as a Second Language Supplemental
Mrs. Lisa Atieno
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year!
This will be my fifth year teaching at Oiler Nation. After completing my degree in English in 2012, I taught for three years at Horn High School in Mesquite, Texas. I am looking forward to teaching Pre-AP English II and assistant coaching Academic Decathlon this school year. Below are some fun facts about me as well as some of my favorite good reads:
- I love to bake! I really enjoy baking old family recipes and putting a new spin on them.
- I am a self-proclaimed nerd. I love Shakespeare with a passion, Doctor Who (a British TV show), Star Wars, Superhero films, and things along those lines.
- I love traveling. I've been to such amazing places as Spain, Italy, the Caribbean, and I spent a summer in England studying Shakespeare.
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
Mon, Tues, Wed: 2:45 – 3:30 PM
Tues, Wed, Thurs: 6:30 – 7:10 AM
OR by appointment
*Tutorial times may change due to Academic Decathlon Coaching Schedule
**Please be aware that Mrs. Atieno does NOT hold tutoring Monday mornings or Friday afternoon.
Oiler Hour Tutorials:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday ALL HOUR