Phone: Request an appointment by email at this time
Degrees and Certifications:
Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP), Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) Certified Child and Adolescent Trauma Professional (CATP) Clubs Sponsored: Cats Care
Mrs. Melissa McDavid
Melissa McDavid is the Student Support Counselor (SSC) at Turner High School. She has served Pearland ISD as a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) prior to her role as a Student Support Counselor. Her office is located in the Counseling Office at Tuner High School. On a weekly basis, Mrs. McDavid meets with students during the day and lunch hour. She also meets with teachers, parents, specialists, staff, and administrators to monitor student progress and discuss any needs related to students.
Want to schedule a time to meet with Mrs. McDavid? Fill out the following request form: https://forms.office.com/r/yxs84tsq3p
Visit: Texans Recovering Together - Free mental health consultation and support!
Informative Videos below:
GROUPS: Peer Support and Mindfulness (Visit the Canvas THS-Student Support Counselor-Student Page to learn more). Do you need access to the Canvas page? Email Mrs. McDavid at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have created a Canvas page for students. Make sure to sign up to create an appointment to visit me and keep up with things offered on campus. Please email me at email@example.com if you need the link to join.
In circumstances of crisis after hours, please contact 911 or the following helplines:
- Texas Youth Helpline - Visit Dfps.state.tx.us or call 1-800-989-6844, text us at 512-872-5777.
Trained volunteers are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They will listen to your problem, help you develop a solution.
For example, I ran away from home. Where can I find help.; What should I do if my child does not come home
- National Textline - Text CONNECT to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1.800.273.8255
- SAMHSA's National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
Seeking a therapist to speak to via a virtual appointment (phone or videoconference)?
Resources to Support You During COVID-19
10 COVID-19 Emotions You are Not the Only One Having - https://tinyurl.com/soenhh3
National Association of School Psychology (NASP): How to Talk to Your Student About COVID-19
Mental Health America: Mental Health and COVID-19 Information Aid and Resources
Wellness /Mental Health Resources
The link below provides listings for Pearland area counseling resources and additional online support.
For information on anxiety and depression:
Feeling you are in an abusive relationship? Visit the below resources:
- Love is Respect: 1-866-331-9474/Text “loveis” to 22522/loveisrespect.org
- National Sexual Assault hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE/rainn.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Break the Cycle: www.breakthecycle.org
- LGBT National Help Center; Hotline 1-800-246-PRIDE/glbthotline.org/chat.html
- Together for Girls: www.togetherforgirls.org
If you think someone might be considering suicide, be the one to help them by taking these 5 easy steps:
ASK. KEEP THEM SAFE. BE THERE. HELP THEM CONNECT. FOLLOW UP.
988 -New Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/988
As Your Student Support Counselor, I Will ...
- Support You In Figuring Out What To Do
- Provide You A Space To Relax
- Help You To See Your Strengths
- Provide You With Resources In And Out of School
- Celebrate Your Successes
- Collaborate With You to Make the Hard Stuff A Little Easier