• Student transfers have ended for any student who is not the child of a full time PISD employee.


  • Student Transfers

    Announcement – New student transfer application period

    Pearland ISD will begin a new student transfer calendar this year. ALL student transfers for the 2022-2023 school year will be applied for beginning 12:00 AM, February 1, 2022 to March 11, 2022, 11:59 PM. This includes transfers for:

    • Intra-District transfers: students residing inside the Pearland ISD boundary, children of employees and non-employees
    • Inter-District transfers: students residing outside the Pearland ISD boundary, children of employees and non-employees


    Grandfather Transfers for students rezoned by the district:

    Due to the District’s rezoning of some attendance zones, a grandfather transfer application will be available only to incoming 4th grade, 6th grade, and 8th grade students whose homes were rezoned. Students who live in areas affected by the rezoning may apply to be grandfathered to remain at their current campus for one year. An intra-district transfer application is required to continue attendance. You will select “previous campus attended” as your requested campus and check “grandfather transfer” for the reason.  Transfer eligibility is required. Siblings will not be included in grandfather transfers and transportation will not be provided.


    Information you need to know:

    • Transfers are for students who wish to attend a school that they are not zoned to attend.
    • Transfers are not for students who move from one school zone/district to another and want to attend their new school. Students who want to attend the school they are now zoned to attend enroll there as a new student.
    • Do not register/enroll in Skyward prior to receiving your transfer approval. You do not need to be enrolled in Pearland ISD to apply for a transfer. Transfers will not be obtained through Skyward registration.  You must apply for the transfer through the Student Transfer Program.
    • All student transfers must be applied for annually through the Student Transfer Program.
    • New applicants must create an account in the Student Transfer Program before accessing the application. Applicants should start the process early as to not miss the deadline.  The program will not accept an application after the deadline.
    • Application must be made by the parent listed on the birth certificate who has custody, or by the legal guardian of the student, who the student lives with full time at the enrollment address. Legal guardian must submit the court order naming them as the legal guardian.
    • Student transfers are a privilege. Only a zoned campus is obligated to enroll a student. Students must meet and maintain eligibility requirements each year to receive transfer approval.
    • Students who do not apply for a transfer by the proper deadline or who do not qualify for a transfer will attend their zoned campus. Late application will not be accepted. 
    • Transfers are processed on a first come first served basis.
    • “Closed Campuses” will not accept new transfer students or transfer students new to that campus, unless the parent is a fulltime employee at that campus.  (Closed campuses will be posted in the information corresponding with the type of transfer you need.)
    • Additional campuses and/or programs may close as they reach capacity.
    • Attending in a feeder pattern will not qualify a transfer student to attend the next campus in that feeder pattern.  If the next campus in the feeder pattern is “closed” they will not accept a transfer unless the parent is a fulltime employee at that campus.
    • The list of “Closed Campuses” may change year to year based on enrollment at each campus each year.
    • Transfers are based on your home address at the start of the school year.
    • Transportation is not provided to and/or from school for transfer students. 


    Information you need prior to applying for a transfer:

    1. The district name and campus name of the school your child is zoned to attend for the grade applied for. Students transfer from the school they are zoned to attend for the grade applied for, even if they have never attended that school. They do not transfer from homeschool, private school, charter school, school they attended on a transfer, etc.
    2. If you reside outside Pearland ISD, the county code, district code, and campus code of the school your child is zoned to attend for the grade applied for. These are not zip codes or phone numbers. Contact your zoned school or zoned district office for the information. (example: Brazoria County is 020, Pearland ISD is 908, Pearland HS is 001, so their code is 020/908/001. Your code will vary by county, district, and campus where you live and are zoned to attend.) Applications will be rejected without the correct information.
    3. If your child attended a school other than Pearland ISD during the 2021-2022 school year you will need to submit records for the schools attended including attendance, punctuality, and discipline records for all of the schools attended during the 2021-2022 school year to establish eligibility, and records/details of any Special Program that your child qualifies to receive services for. Pearland ISD cannot request the student records from your school through the state program, TREx. We can only request records for our resident students at the time of enrollment. The records are the property of the parent/guardian. The school is required to provide your child’s records to you in a timely manner upon your request. You may need to explain to them that you are applying to transfer your child to a non-zoned school or district for next year and the records are required for eligibility. There may be a waiting period for you to receive them from that school. You may need to speak to your school principal or your district office to obtain the records.  


    Click here for information on the Application Process


    Once you have submitted a transfer application, you may check the status of your transfer application by logging on to your account in the student transfer program. Click the type of transfer that you input.  On the next page click “SEARCH” and all of the applications that you input will be shown.

    “Pending Approval” – You submitted the application. It is in line to be processed.

    “Created” – You created and saved an application but did not “SEND” it. It was not submitted. You must click “SEND” to submit it. Processing may take several weeks.


    Getting started:

    A fulltime employee of Pearland ISD is an employee with a permanent position who receives a regular paycheck from Pearland ISD and qualifies for TRS. This does not include substitutes or contract workers.

    Finding the type of transfer your child needs. Click on the statement that is correct for your family:


    Follow the path that is correct for your child by clicking the appropriate answer below.

    I am not a fulltime employee of Pearland ISD.

    My family lives:

    Inside the PISD boundary

    Outside the PISD boundary


    I am a fulltime employee of Pearland ISD.

    My family lives:

    Inside the PISD boundary

    Outside the PISD boundary

Contact Us

  • Dr. Lisa Nixon
    Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services

    Janet Christman 
    Executive Assistant