(Also called Open Enrollment)
Information you need to know:
- Transfers are for students who wish to attend a school that they are not zoned to attend.
- Transfers are not for students who move from one school zone/district to another and want to attend their new school. Students who want to attend the school they are now zoned to attend enroll there as a new student.
- All student transfers must be applied for annually through the Student Transfer Program. Transfers may not be obtained through Skyward registration. Paper packets will no longer be accepted.
- New applicants must create an account in the Student Transfer Program before accessing the application. Applicants should start the process early as to not miss the deadline. The program will not accept an application after the deadline.
- Application must be made by the parent listed on the birth certificate or by the legal guardian of the student who the student lives with. Legal guardian must submit the court order naming them as the legal guardian.
- Student transfers are a privilege. Only a zoned campus is obligated to enroll a student. Students must meet and maintain eligibility requirements each year to receive transfer approval.
- Students who do not apply for a transfer by the proper deadline or who do not qualify for a transfer will attend their zoned campus. Late application will not be accepted.
- Transfers are processed on a first come first served basis.
- “Closed Campuses” will not accept new transfer students or transfer students new to that campus, unless the parent is a fulltime employee at that campus. (Closed campuses will be posted in the information corresponding with the type of transfer you need.)
- Additional campuses and/or programs may close as they reach capacity.
- Attending in a feeder pattern will not qualify a transfer student to attend the next campus in that feeder pattern. If the next campus in the feeder pattern is “closed” they will not accept a transfer unless the parent is a fulltime employee at that campus.
- The list of “Closed Campuses” may change year to year based on enrollment at each campus each year.
- Transfers are based on your home address at the start of the school year.
- If you plan to move after school begins, you must apply for a transfer during the application period to remain at the campus for the remainder of the school year. You cannot apply for a transfer once the program closes.
- Transportation is not provided to and/or from school for transfer students.
Information you need prior to applying for a transfer:
- The district name and campus name of the school your child is zoned to attend for the coming school year.
- If you live outside the Pearland ISD boundary you also need the county code, district code, and campus code of the school your child is zoned to attend for the coming school year. These are not zip codes or phone numbers. Contact your zoned school or zoned district office for the information. (example: Brazoria County is 020, Pearland ISD is 908, Pearland HS is 001, so their code is 020/908/001. Your code will vary by county, district, and campus where you live and are zoned to attend.) Applications will be rejected without the correct information. Late applications will not be accepted.
- If your child attended a school other than Pearland ISD during the 2019-20 school year you will need to submit records for the school(s) attended during the 2019-20 school year. The following records will be required: attendance, punctuality, and discipline records for all schools attended during the 2019-20 school year. You will need any records/details of any Special Program that your child qualifies to receive services for. If a student had no discipline record you will need a signed letterhead statement from the school(s) attended. This applies only to schools attended, not to homeschooling during the COVID 19 shutdown.
Application for student transfers will be accepted as follows:
Students who reside inside the Pearland ISD boundary: Intra-District Transfers April 15, 2020 - May 21, 2020 for children of non-employees who live in Pearland ISD
April 15, 2020 - Start date for children of fulltime Pearland ISD employees who live in Pearland ISD. (There is no deadline for employees’ children due to summer hiring, relocation, etc.)
Students who reside outside the Pearland ISD boundary: Inter-District Transfers June 1, 2020 – June 11, 2020 at 4 p.m. for children of non-employees who live outside Pearland ISD. These transfers begin with students eligible for first grade. No kindergarten or PK are accepted due to the uncertainty of class sizes. Application, payment, and required documents must be submitted online, uploaded with the application. The District will no longer accept paper packets.
April 15, 2020 - Start date for children of fulltime Pearland ISD employees who live outside Pearland ISD. (There is no deadline for employees’ children due to summer hiring, relocation, etc.)
A fulltime employee of Pearland ISD is an employee with a permanent position who receives a regular paycheck from Pearland ISD and qualifies for TRS. This does not include substitutes or contract workers.
Finding the type of transfer your child needs. Click on the statement that is correct for your family:
I am not a fulltime employee of Pearland ISD.
My family lives:
Inside the PISD boundary
I am a fulltime employee of Pearland ISD.
My family lives:
Inside the PISD boundary