- To create and maintain a comfortable environment for Pearland ISD students and employees
- To raise awareness of energy issues
- To promote energy savings practices
We want to have a budget-friendly solution for everything we do. By reducing the amount of energy we use, we reduce district spending. This means more money to spend on things we really care about:
- More money for teachers and staff
- More education and staff development programs
- New equipment
Energy is a precious resource, and currently most of our energy sources are from non-renewable fossil fuels. By using energy wisely, we can better provide for our children, as well as teach them to see the "bigger picture."
Pearland ISD is a proud member of the Texas Energy Managers Association, Energy Education and Energy for Schools.