The applicant must:
- Prioritize academic excellence (maintaining a minimum cumulative unweighted 3.7 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent in their high school studies);
- Be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Be in the high school graduating Class of 2020, planning to enroll in a full-time course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university for the full academic year following high school graduation;
- Excel in a broad variety of extracurricular activities. This includes, but is not limited to: athletics, academic clubs, music lessons, performance art, and philanthropic organizations;
- Be motivated leaders with a strong work ethic and social acumen. Scholars rise to the occasion and are both candid and confident;
- Demonstrate active participation in community service and in civic-minded arenas, exhibiting an appreciation for the world outside themselves and a belief in their own capacity to effect change on scales both large and small;
- And submit by the Application Deadline*:
- Online Application,
- Two (2) required Letters of Recommendation** (these letters MUST be submitted prior to the Application Deadline for an Application to be considered complete), and
- Transcript (unofficial is fine) certifying academic performance.
*IMPORTANT: Applicants are strongly advised to submit their application well in advance of the final deadline. The Foundation assumes no responsibility for an applicant’s technical submission issues encountered on the final due date.