Welcome to Photojournalism.
Hi everyone. Please check you Photojournalism class Canvas daily for lessons and assignments. Grades and attendance can be found in Skyward.
About the class...
This is a full year course. The first half of the course will introduce students to the workings of digital SLR cameras, including manual setting (f/stops and shutter speeds), and photo-composition techniques. The second half of the course will introduce advanced techniques and equipment. Students will learn caption-writing, digital photo editing and digital file management. Students must provide their own digital camera. Cameras are NOT available for students to use. Students may use any type of digital camera, including those on a cell phone or tablet, that allows for the downloading of images to a computer for manipulation. The purchasing of other supplies, such as memory cards, card readers, computer photo paper, etc. may be required at student expense.
What are we going to learn?
The following is a general list of the topics we will learn this year.
Action Shots Commercial Photography Journalistic Writing Photojournalism History Architecture Composition Basics Layout Design Portfolios Artistic Cropping Lighting Portraits Backdrops File Types/Management Logo Use Small Details/Macro Camera Handling Filters Photo Stories Street Photography Camera Parts How to Critique Photographer Ethics Tips and Tricks
What do I need for class?
- A camera.
- Students must provide their own digital camera. Cameras are NOT available for students to use. Students may use any type of digital camera, including those on a cell phone or tablet, that allows for the downloading of images to a computer for manipulation.
- A device.
- Students will need a cell phone, tablet, laptop or desktop to upload images and assignments to Canvas.
- Students will need a cell phone, tablet, laptop or desktop to log in to watch lesson videos
Additional for Remote students...
- A device that has a front facing camera for TEAMS. You will need to log into our class for lessons and/or discussions.
How do I turn in my assignments?
Each week's list of assignments will be on a new Page in Canvas labeled with the week's dates.
- If you cannot find Pages, come back to list page and click the backpack above. It will take you right to the Assignment Pages.
How do I find my grades?
Official Grades will be updated in Skyward only.
- Grades are not official in Canvas
If you have any questions or concerns about a grade (or attendance) email me at email@example.com.
What if I need more help?
Tutorials are available for both Face to Face learners and remote learners.
Face to Face:
- After school Wednesdays and Thursdays 2:50-3:20 pm
- By appointment
- Just as a note, TEAMS will be running so Remote students can also join.
- Live TEAMS feed Wednesdays and Thursdays 2:50-3:20 pm
- By appointment for additional TEAMS tutorials
- A camera.