Meeting Agendas & More
United Kingdom informational meeting on Thursday, April 25 at 3:30pm in Room 2503.
Hello World Travelers,
Here is a quick recap of our last meeting:
Passports – If you have not gotten your passport, please follow the next steps.
1) Go to CVS/Walgreens to get your passport photo.
2) Galveston County Annex at 174 N. Calder Drive, League City, TX 77573 / 281-316-8710
3) Take original birth certificate, 2”x2” photo, must be in person, identification, and two checks
4) Make 3 copies (one for home, one for the tour leader (Maulding), and one for you to put in a hidden place Bring to the next meeting.
Suitcase size, backpack, & purse information: (Delta Airlines (DL) allows 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) per passenger fee free. Carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions: 45 linear inches (22 x 14 x 9 in) or 115 centimeters (56 x 36 x 23 cm) including handles and wheels.) Please note I used Delta Airlines as an example; they may not be the airline we will use.
S Maulding / J Shull S Frias / A Howski
N Johnson / N Nouwairi J Calderon / N Cao / B Farmer
J Douglas / M Douglas P Moreno / A Osorio
C Frias / K Howski A Gilliland / D Montemayor
Medical Information –Bring form next meeting to have you fill out. Please be prepared.
Confirmed Contact Information – If you did not get your information confirmed with me, please do so.
Optional Excursions – Please review the two options to add. We do have three travelers already signed up. I will need to know if you would like to add these excursions by next meeting.
Powerscourt Gardens excursion: $60.00 (Day 3 – Dublin, Ireland) 2
- Imagine the most picture-perfect Irish countryside you can, and you still can’t imagine the beauty of County Wicklow. Waterfalls slice through craggy mountains; medieval ruins carve out space in out-of-this-world green hills; wildflowers flourish everywhere. See the culmination of this beauty in the gardens at Powerscourt house, a mansion once belonging to a powerful Anglo-Irish family. The gardens meander over 45 acres of the 14,000-acre estate, with walled gardens and formal terraces giving way to rambling hills and natural lakes.
Windsor Castle guided excursion: $80.00 (Day 9 – London, England) 3
- See how the Queen relaxes on this guided tour of the royal weekend estate, originally built as a fortress in the 11th century under William the Conqueror. Tiptoe through the tulips (and other flowers) in the East Terrace Gardens, marvel at the Gothic St. George's Chapel, or peek into the rooms of Queen Mary's doll house with its gallery of pint-size perfect furniture. Get decorating tips for your own country estate (or dorm room, as it may be).
Tipping – Bring $100 cash to the next meeting.
Gift Ideas – It is always nice to provide our Tour Guide with items to remember TEXAS. If each person brings one item, it will be a nice gift bag for our Tour Guide.
Next meeting – Thursday, April 25 @ :330pm