Please check Skyward.com to set up email notifications of missing assignments and low grades. When you receive a notice, you can remind your student to correct the situation immediately. Students should meet with their teacher to discuss grades if needed. All students know how to log in.
Official District Policy:
A student receiving a failing grade on a classroom assignment or a test with scores of 69 or below, has the opportunity to make correction to earn a grade of up to a 70. The student must request from his/her teacher the opportunity to make corrections or schedule the retake of the test. The student has up to 3 days from the time the assignment is graded to him/her to make corrections or retake the test. This guideline does not include projects, final or semester exams, or benchmarks.
- All grades below 70 should be corrected.
- Teachers are available to help during electives and/or morning tutoring, if needed.
- Corrections that can be completed at home should be completed at home.
- Students are responsible for keeping track of assignments that need to be corrected.
- Corrections must be made by the student. Adults may encourage and guide, but the work and ideas should be the students.
- Corrections are the student’s responsibility.