The Pearland ISD Board of Trustees comprises seven trustees who serve three-year terms. Annual elections are held the first Saturday of May. Each trustee represents the entire school district rather than a section of the population.
The candidate who receives the highest number of votes for each respective position will serve as a trustee. Runoffs are not conducted unless candidates tie.
According to the Texas Education Code and the Texas Election Code, mandatory joint elections are required for school district trustee elections. Board elections are held on the same date as the election for members of the governing body of a municipality located within the school district.
For more information, contact Sheila Vershier, district election coordinator, at (832) 736-6153.
Candidate Filings for May 2023 Election
Trustee Position 1
Place 1: Toni Carter
Trustee Position 2
Place 1: Kristofer Schoeffler
Place 2: Steve Bumgardner
Eligibility—Texas Election Code Section 141.001
An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
- for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above; and
- satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The Texas Education Code imposes an additional requirement:
- A person is ineligible to serve on a school board if the person has been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code section 43.021 regarding solicitation of prostitution.
Tex. Educ. Code § 11.066.
Filing to Run for Trustee
Friday, February 17, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Last Day to File for Place on General Election Ballot
Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Drawing to determine the order in which the names of candidates are to be printed on the ballot.
Thursday, April 6, 2023
Last Day to Register to Vote
Monday, April 24, 2023
First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked)
Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
Saturday, May 6, 2023 (election day) at 7:00 p.m.
Last day to Receive Ballot by Mail
Letter From Elections Coordinator
Pearland ISD 2022-2023 District Calendar
BBA (LEGAL) - Board Members Eligibility/Qualifications
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot
Application for Place on Ballot
Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
BBB (LOCAL and LEGAL) - Board Members Elections
Code of Fair Campaign Practices
Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report
Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report – Instruction Guide
Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer By a Candidate
Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer By a Candidate – Instruction Guide
Amendment: Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate
Amendment: Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate – Instruction Guide
Political Advertising - What You Need to Know
Brazoria County Commissioner’s Court Order No. 6 RE: Order Prohibiting Placement of Political Signs on County Property
Public Election Signage Within the City of Pearland
County Clerk/Voter Registrar
111 East Locust
Angleton, Texas 77515
111 East Locust
Angleton, Texas 77515
Ann Harris Bennett
Tax Assessor-Collector/Voter Registrar
P.O. Box 4089
Houston, TX 77210-4089