The Pearland ISD Board of Trustees comprises seven trustees who serve three-year terms. Annual elections are held the first Saturday of May. Each trustee represents the entire school district rather than a section of the population.
The candidate who receives the highest number of votes for each respective position will serve as a trustee. Runoffs are not conducted unless candidates tie.
According to the Texas Education Code and the Texas Election Code, mandatory joint elections are required for school district trustee elections. Board elections are held on the same date as the election for members of the governing body of a municipality located within the school district.
For more information, contact Sheila Vershier, district election coordinator, at (832) 736-6153.
November Election Dates
Friday, January 1, 2021
First day to apply for a ballot by mail using Application for a Ballot by Mail (ABBM) or Federal Post Card Application (FPCA).
Monday, October 4, 2021
Last Day to Register to Vote
Monday, October 18, 2021
First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
Friday, October 22, 2021
Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked)
Friday, October 29, 2021
Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Last day to Receive Ballot by Mail
Candidates for Board of Trustee Election: May 1, 2021
Jessica Garcia Shafer
Election Information and Forms
The enclosed and/or attached materials contain information and forms or links to forms, for the May 1, 2021, Pearland ISD Election for the positions of Board of Trustee Positions Three and Four. Please review the information carefully as this packet holds relevant dates, forms and other information related to the election process from beginning to end, as follows:
- Trustee Election Dates 2021
- Pearland ISD 2020-2021 District Calendar
- BBA (LEGAL) - Board Members Eligibilit y/Qualifications
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on Ballot
- Application for a Place on the Ballot
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
- BBB (LOCAL and LEGAL} - Board Members Elections
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
- Form C/OH - Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report (Instruction Guide)
- Form CTA-Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer and Instructions
- Form ACTA-Amendment: Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate (Instrution Guide)
- Political Advertising-What You Need to Know
- Brazoria County Commissioner's Court Order No. 6 RE Order Prohibiting Placement of Political
Signs on County Property
- Public Election Signage Within the City of Pearland
*Additional finance reporting forms are available on line at the Texas Ethics Commission website http://www.ethics.state.tx.us/main/forms.htm. It is the duty of the candidate to become familiar with the laws applicable to campaigns for public office. The duty of the Elections Coordinator is limited to accepting and filing the various applications, affidavits and statements, and noting the date and time of filing thereon. These documents are public records and are open for inspection by any person through the Texas Public Information Act. Should you need assistance with campaign laws, the phone number for the Secretary of State, Elections Division, is 1-800-252 VOTE; their email address is http://www.sos.state.tx.us. Information regarding campaign finance law and reporting requirements is handled by the Texas Ethics Commission at 1-800-252-8506 or their email address is http://www.ethics.state.tx.us.
For more information related to elections, please contact the Elections Coordinator at email@example.com or at 832-736-6153. Best of luck!
County Clerk/Voter Registrar
111 East Locust
Angleton, Texas 77515
111 East Locust
Angleton, Texas 77515
Ann Harris Bennett
Tax Assessor-Collector/Voter Registrar
P.O. Box 4089
Houston, TX 77210-4089