Inter-District Student Transfers for Children of Employees
Employee and child live outside the Pearland ISD boundary. You must select Inter-District Transfer in the program.
Transfer period begins February 1, 2022.
A child of a full-time Pearland ISD employee: The full-time employee must be the parent the child lives with and:
- Be listed as parent on the student’s birth certificate, OR
- Be married to the parent listed on the student’s birth certificate and live with the student, OR
- Be the court appointed permanent legal guardian who lives with the student
Other relations are not accepted. Documentation is required to establish eligibility.
A fulltime employee of Pearland ISD: an employee with a permanent position who receives a regular paycheck from Pearland ISD and qualifies for TRS. It does not include substitutes or contract workers.
Instruction for Employees
Employees must register their employee information in the program to have access past the deadline for non-employees, or to request your work location as the campus if it is a closed campus.
If you are a recent hire: The program will not recognize you as an employee until all of your employment information has been processed by the HR Dept., Technology Dept., and Payroll Dept. If you are a full time employee and the transfer program does not recognize you as such, contact those departments to expedite the processing of your employment information.
The following campuses/programs are closed to inter-district transfers unless the parent is a full-time employee at that campus, or the student was a transfer student attending that campus prior to being named a closed campus. Additional campuses and/or programs may close as they reach capacity.
Sablatura Middle School
Pearland Junior High South
Pearland Junior High West
Dawson High School
Turner High School
Dual Language Program
All Special Program transfer requests will be reviewed by Special Program administrator and transfers will be approved based on program capacity and staffing requirements. Transfers are not ARD decisions and students will also have to meet transfer eligibility requirements.
The transfer program will not allow you to select a campus that is closed unless the parent works full time at that campus and their employee information is registered in the program. If a student was a transfer student at a closed campus prior to the campus being closed, you will select “previous campus attended” to continue attendance.
Information you need prior to applying for a transfer:
- The district name and campus name of the school your child is zoned to attend for the grade applied for. Students transfer from the school they are zoned to attend for the grade applied for, even if they have never attended that school. They do not transfer from homeschool, private school, charter school, school they attended on a transfer, etc.
- The county code, district code, and campus code of the school your child is zoned to attend for the grade applied for. These are not zip codes or phone numbers. Contact your zoned school or zoned district office for the information. (example: Brazoria County is 020, Pearland ISD is 908, Pearland HS is 001, so their code is 020/908/001. Your code will vary by county, district, and campus where you live and are zoned to attend.) Applications will be rejected without the correct information.
- If your child attended a school other than Pearland ISD during the 2021-2022 school year you will need to submit the following records by email to email@example.com :
- Student’s legal birth certificate
- Student’s immunization record
- Mid-term report card for 2021-22 school year (or final report card for a new employee applying at end of school year)
- Copy of student’s attendance record for the 2021-22 school year from all schools attended.
- Copy of punctuality record for the 2021-22 school year from all schools attended.
- Copy of student’s discipline record for the 2021-22 school year from all schools attended. If there was no discipline record at the previous campus(es), the previous school administrator(s) must provide a signed and dated statement on school letterhead stating such
Pearland ISD cannot request the student records from your school through the state program, TREx. We can only request records for our resident students at enrollment. The records are the property of the parent/guardian. The school is required to provide your child’s records to you in a timely manner upon your request. You may need to explain to them that you are applying to transfer your child to another district for next year and the records are required for eligibility. There may be a waiting period for you to receive them from that school. You may need to speak to your school principal or your district office to obtain the records.
By clicking on the link below, you verify that you have read all of the above information.