Inter-District Student Transfers for Children of Employees
Employee and child live outside the Pearland ISD boundary.
You must select Inter-District Transfer for Employees in the program.
Transfer period opens April 15, 2020. No deadline for employees however, space may be limited at some open campuses. Apply early to secure placement.
A child of a full-time Pearland ISD employee: The full-time employee must be the parent the child lives with and:
- Be listed as parent on the student’s birth certificate, OR
- Be married to the parent listed on the student’s birth certificate and live with the student, OR
- Be the court appointed permanent legal guardian who lives with the student
Other relations are not accepted. Documentation is required to establish eligibility.
A fulltime employee of Pearland ISD: an employee with a permanent position who receives a regular paycheck from Pearland ISD and qualifies for TRS. It does not include substitutes or contract workers.
Instruction for Employees
Employees must register their employee information in the program to have access past the deadline for non-employees, or to request your work location as the campus if it is a closed campus.
If you are a recent hire: The program will not recognize you as an employee until all of your employment information has been processed by the HR Dept., Technology Dept., and Payroll Dept. If you are a full time employee and the transfer program does not recognize you as such, contact those departments to expedite the processing of your employment information.
The following campuses/programs are closed to inter-district transfers unless the parent is a full-time employee at that campus, or the student was a transfer student attending that campus prior to being named a closed campus. Additional campuses and/or programs may close as they reach capacity.
Alexander Middle School
Jamison Middle School
Berry Miller Junior High
Pearland Junior High East
Pearland Junior High South
Dawson High School
Turner High School
Dual Language Program
The transfer program will not allow you to select a campus that is closed unless the parent works full time at that campus and their employee information is registered in the program. If a student was a transfer student at a closed campus prior to the campus being closed, you will select “previous campus attended” to continue attendance.
Information you need prior to applying for a transfer:
- The county code, district code, and campus code of the school your child is zoned to attend for the 2020-2021 school year. These are not zip codes or phone numbers. Contact your zoned school or zoned district office for the information. (example: Brazoria County is 020, Pearland ISD is 908, Pearland HS is 001, so their code is 020/908/001. Your code will vary by county, district, and campus where you live and are zoned to attend.) Applications will be rejected without the correct information.
- The district name and campus name of the school your child is zoned to attend for 2020-2021.
- If your child attended a school other than Pearland ISD during the 2019-2020 school year you will need to submit records for the schools attended including attendance, punctuality, and discipline records for all of the schools attended during the 2019-20 school year to establish eligibility, and records/details of any Special Program that your child qualifies to receive services for. This does not apply to homeschooling during the COVID 19 shutdown.
By clicking on the link below, you verify that you have read all of the above information.