Emotions and Coping Strategies- Click this link for information regarding emotions that you may be feeling and the strategies you can use to help you cope with them.
According to the CDC
- 12% of Texas HS students attempted suicide in 2017 (7% higher than national average)
- 1 out 8 Texas HS students attempted suicide in 2017
- 34% feeling sad or hopeless
- 19% reported being bullied on campus
- 10% of Texas HS students have experienced sexual violence (1 out of 10)
The students behind these numbers make it crucial for schools to play a critical role in addressing children's mental health. Addressing student mental health helps to prevent suicide, increase academic performance, improve behavior and supports the entire child.
Pearland ISD has added a Student Support Counselor at the junior highs and high schools inorder to address student mental health and combat the statistics.
Our Pearland JH South SSC is Dr. Dawn Coryat-Hon.
24-Hour Crisis Response Hotline – Gulf Coast Center- Galveston/Brazoria Co.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24/7 Crisis TEXT line
Text “GO” to 741741