We have added the Knowsys Vocabulary program to our studies.
Students will receive their new words on Monday and test for both spelling and meaning on Friday.
Please help your student study their words.
I will add the list of word into Spelling City for practice at home.
Reading and Responding
Our weekly homework is for students to read for 20 minutes each day and respond in their composition book.
Students have been practicing making connections to their reading. They are to respond with at least 5 sentences with one complete thought about a connection they made as they read.
My goals for this activity are:
- to create a reading routine at home.
- to reflect and articulate their thinking.
- to gain confidence in their ability to connect with text.
- to see reading as an avenue for great thought.
- to value themselves as readers and thinkers.
- to practice their writing skills daily.
On Friday, students will turn their notebooks in for me to review.