Don't worry about overdue books while school is closed!
PHS Library Policies & Procedures
- The PHS Libraries are open from 6:45am – 2:45pm.
- PHS has two libraries, the North Library and the South Library. Students may use both libraries.
- During class time, students must have a pass from their teacher to come to the library.
- The library staff cannot write passes to excuse students who are late to class.
- Students should always sign in when entering the library.
- Library passes are not required before school, during lunch, or after school.
- Students can access their library account information through the PHS Library Catalog using their network username and password.
- Students must present their school ID to check out library materials.
- Students may check out up to 5 items at a time.
- Students may return PHS library materials to either the North Library OR the South Library.
- Books - 3 weeks
- Magazines - 2 weeks
- Calculators - 2 weeks
- Flash Drives - 2 weeks
- Overdue fines are $0.05 per day with a maximum of $1.00 per overdue item ($2.00 maximum per overdue calculator).
- Small fines that are less than $1.00 will be deleted.
- It is the students' responsibility to keep up with their library materials.
- Students are responsible for paying the replacement cost of any lost or damaged items.
- Library computers are available for students to work on assignments.
- Scheduled classes have priority on library computers during the school day.
- Playing games on school computers is prohibited per district policy.
- Internet access is filtered and access to outside e-mail services is denied per district policy.