District Guidelines and Selection of Foreign Exchange Students
- Parents interested in hosting a foreign exchange student should have the foreign exchange agency contact the High School registrar’s office.
- Placement must be by a nationally recognized agency.
- Approximate US equivalent grade level must be 11th
- The student must be 17 or turn 17 by the end of September of the year they would like to attend.
- The student must show good citizenship and maturity, as evaluated by the principal.
- Student must have made above average grades in their home country as well as having multiple years of English, as evaluated by the principal.
- Must have good recommendations that show the student can handle being in a foreign country and have success as an exchange student, as evaluated by the principal.
- Final acceptance decisions on all foreign exchange students are at the discretion of the campus principal.