Requirements for Consideration
Flyers must meet the following standards:
- Produced by a non-profit, tax-exempt organization.
- Serve the majority of Pearland youth.
- Include name of the organization sponsoring the service or event.
Flyer Distribution Requirements
*Each flyer must contain the following disclaimer printed in BOLD letters in at least 12-point type:
"This activity is not related to or sponsored by Pearland Independent School District. Pearland ISD neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material. The distribution or display of this material is provided as a community service."
Approval Process and Access/Distribution
To submit a flyer for approval, please follow these procedures:
- *Submit electronic copy (Word or PDF file) of flyer with district disclaimer.
- Submit proof of non-profit status via email to Lexi Marshall or fax to 281-412-1560.
- If requested, 25 paper copies will be sent to campuses. Campus principals will place the approved flyers in a central location for students and patrons who are interested.
a. Duplication of flyers is the responsibility of the organization requesting permission to distribute. The Communications Department will contact the organization to provide an approval number.
b. Refer to approval number with paper copies.
- The flyer must indicate the organization’s non-profit or tax-exempt status.
- Flyers will be denied for the following reasons: for-profit and in accordance with policies GKDA (LOCAL) and GKB (LOCAL).
- Fundraising flyers are not considered from groups outside the school district.
Timing, Distribution and Posting
Submit material to the Communications Department as a Word document or PDF file according to the following schedule:
2019-20 Submission Deadlines/Distribution Dates
Submission Window Flyers Posted By Suggested Flyer Event Dates Aug. 1 - Aug. 30 Sept. 10 Sept. 10 - Nov. 8 Sept. 4 - Nov. 1 Nov. 8 Nov. 8 - Jan. 17 Dec. 10 - Jan. 10 Jan. 17 Jan. 17 - Feb. 21 Jan. 21 - Feb. 14 Feb. 21 Feb. 21 - Apr. 24 Mar. 16 - Apr. 17 Apr. 24 Apr. 24 - May 22
* Limit 2 flyers per organization, per submission period.
* Flyers cannot be submitted for approval/distribution during the summer months.
If previous flyers or written materials presented for approval contained false information or did not accurately represent the intent of the program, the approval of future flyers submitted by the requesting organization will be jeopardized.
The superintendent has designated the Executive Director of Communications to be responsible for reviewing and approving flyers for external, non-school groups or organizations that provide evidence of non-profit or tax-exempt status.