Pearland ISD pre-kindergarten is a half-day program. Enrollment is available in August for the 2019-20 School Year. Students must qualify to attend the pre-K program.
To qualify for pre-K, the child must reside in Pearland ISD, be four years old on or before Sept. 1 and meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficient: be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Educationally Disadvantaged: eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Foster Care or Previously in Foster Care: Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Placement Authorization Form 2085, Court Order, or DFPS Letter of Verification required.
- Homeless: children who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and/or who are sharing housing with others due to the loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason may qualify. Student Residency and Assistance Questionnaire (SRQ) required.
- Military Families: the child of a parent who is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- Military Families: the child of a parent of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Star of Service Award: is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter or an emergency medical first responder.
If your child qualifies under any of these criteria, you may enroll him or her at the campus during new student enrollment.