Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment begins March 1, 2021
2020-2021- To enroll for this current school year, you must be 4 years old by September 1, 2020.
2021-2022- To enroll for this school year, you must be 4 years old by September 1, 2021.
All students enrolling in Pearland ISD must complete the process online. We use a New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE) portal where you will enter all your information and upload all the required documents.
Early pre-kindergarten enrollment is only for students who will attend their zoned campus and have all the required documents at early enrollment time.
Online enrollment opens March 1
- Parents must begin early Pre-kindergarten enrollment online
- All required documentation must be uploaded through the online portal.
Pre-Kindergarten Qualification Information
Pearland ISD Pre-kindergarten is a full day program and will be offered at its 11 elementary campuses.
To enter Pre-Kindergarten, your child must…
- Be enrolled by a parent/legal guardian who lives in Pearland ISD.
- Be four (4) years of age on or before September 1stand,
- Students must meet one of the eligibility criteria below to qualify for the pre-kindergarten program:
- Limited English Proficient: Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language. (Eligibility is based on results of Language Testing)
- Educationally Disadvantaged: Eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), including students who receive any of the following benefits:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Foster Care or Previously in Foster Care: Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Placement Authorization Form 2085, Court Order, or DFPS Letter of Verification required.
- Homeless: Children who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and/or who are sharing housing with others due to the loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason may qualify. Student Residency and Assistance Questionnaire (SRQ) required.
- Military Families: The child of a parent who is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority or the child of a parent of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- Star of Service Award: The child’s parent/guardian has received the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter, or an emergency medical first responder.