Due to COVID-19, Pearland ISD, the TEA, and the College Board are making adjustments as the situation develops over the next few weeks and/or months:
- Distance instruction begins March 23, 2020.
- During the first week of distance instruction, students will receive a total of one hour of combined instruction and assessment per class or subject.
- Time requirements per course per week may change in upcoming weeks.
- Detailed daily schedules for students ages 4 to 18 that parents, teachers and district administrators can use to keep students learning at home. (http://khan.co/KA-school-closure-schedule)
- Sal Khan is personally hosting livestreams and answering questions weekdays at noon EST/9am PST on Facebook and YouTube for students, parents and teachers navigating school closures.
- Parent and teacher resources for getting started with Khan Academy.
Advanced Placement and Pre-Advanced Placement
- Important Message From the College Board
- AP and PAP teachers will provide students with optional enrichment for their courses.
- All teachers will be available for questions and online tutorials. Please see your teacher’s webpage for further information.
- AP courses are college level and students are encouraged to make the best use of the time and resources available in order to prepare for AP exams. Links include updates from the College Board concerning AP courses, AP exams, and SAT, and online enrichment and educational support resources
- The World Language Exams will be tested through an app that is incompatible with any desktop or laptop computers. Students may use any tablet or smartphone that runs either iOS or Android to record their responses.
- The official testing portal is incompatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer. Chrome is recommended, but other browsers such as Firefox and Microsoft Edge will work.
- 2020 AP Testing Guide
- 2020 Exam Day Checklist
- Testing Accommodations
- World Language Information
- Music Theory Information
- As a reminder to our students, we are located in the central time zone.
- Exam sessions will occur at 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM.
- Please log in with your ticket information 30 minutes before your scheduled exam time.
- KHAN ACADEMY - MATH (K-12), AP COURSES (9-12), SAT PREP https://www.khanacademy.org
- Saturday SAT exam administrations are cancelled through the month of May.
- SAT School Day
- Dawson High School April 14, Pearland High School and Turner College and Career High School April 28.
- SAT School Day dates are subject to change or cancellation.
- Students will receive updates from their campus AP Coordinators.
Gifted and Talented
Due to COVID 19, all GT assessments and appeals are suspended until the reopening of school in August, 2020.
- Highly Gifted Math
- Academic Decathlon
- National individual invitations pending
- Competition online
- Model United Nations – Complete for this year
- Quiz Bowl – Complete for this year
- FIRST Robotics
- State competition – cancelled
- World competition - cancelled
- Future Problem Solving
- State Bowl competition online
- International Conference pending
- Additional information will be posted as it is received from state and international organization
- TMSCA Math Club
- Competition pending
PEAR Camp Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Robotics
- In light of the continued uncertainties caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and in the interest of safety for all campers, staff, and volunteers, Pearland ISD Advanced Academics has made the difficult decision to cancel PEAR Camp 2020.
- All summer sessions, starting July 13, 2020 through July 24, 2020, have been cancelled.
- This decision was not made lightly but the safety and well-being of our students, staff, and volunteers has always been our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and sincerely look forward to the day students and staff can return.
- Those with questions or in need of assistance regarding a camp-related matter can contact Heather Block at email@example.com.
- All out of state travel cancelled for this year
- Students will receive information from their campus trip group leader