Christina Maartens, ACC Dual Enrollment Advisor
College & Career Center in the Searcy Building
Office Hours: Wednesday and some Thursdays, 7:00am - 3:00pm
Ms. Christina Maartens is Dual Enrollment ACC Advisor for Pearland High School. Students that want to take Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment classes next year need to make sure they choose them during course selection for PHS. Once course selection closes, Ms. Maartens will be able to identify and help those that selected Dual Credit courses through the enrollment process. The priority deadline to complete the enrollment process is April 2nd. If your student thinks they want to take Dual Credit courses, they can start the enrollment process listed below, now.
- The student must apply online to Alvin Community College through Apply Texas. These Steps to Enroll will help you navigate the application.
- The student and parent must sign the Early Admissions Contract and bring it to me at the high school campus or email it back to me.
- The student must take the TSI or provide a waiver or exemption. This Testing Information form explains what can be used as an exemption/waiver.
- Visit our ACC testing page to learn more about the TSI. There you will find a link to register for the TSI exam at ACC and helpful study tools.
- PEARLAND High School offers the TSI and you can register here - http://www.pearlandisd.org/domain/960. Contact Ms. Walker or Ms. Adams at PHS with TSI questions.
- Turner High School offers the TSI on Saturdays and it is open to all of PISD. You can find their information and register here - https://www.pearlandisd.org/Page/19162 or you can call their TSI coordinator at 281.727.1600. This is a good option for 8th graders.
- Students new to Dual Enrollment will need to attend orientation over the summer. Dates and registration details will be emailed at the end of the school year.
- Students will be registered and pay for classes and textbooks at the beginning of each semester.
All courses selected during high school course selection are offered on the PHS campus. Once admitted into the program, students can take classes over the summer, online, and at other ACC campuses.
Feel free to email Ms. Maartens any questions! email@example.com