• 1.) What is Workers' Compensation(Comp)?

    Posted by:

    Workers' compensation is an insurance program which provides medical and indemnity benefits to employees who have been injured on the job.  Workers' compensation health care providers goals are designed to:

    • Improve quality of care
    • Help injured workers get back on the job
    • Control medical costs

    Who is the TASB Risk Management Fund? They are the workers' compensation claims administrator for Pearland ISD.

    What is the Alliance? The Political Subdivision Workers' Compensation Alliance (the Alliance) a group of health care providers who are trained in treating work related injuries and getting people back to work safely.

    Comments (-1)
  • 2.) What do I do if I am injured on-the-job?

    Posted by:

    Report the accident and/or injury to your immediate supervisor, secretary, campus clinic or Human Resource Services.

    Comments (-1)
  • 3.) What do I need to complete for a work-related injury?

    Posted by:

    Submit the following forms, fully completed and signed, via fax to 281-412-1540, or via e-mail at benefits@pearlandisd.org within 24 hours of the injury. To get a complete packet of all forms needed, please see the following links:

       Workers' Comp Packet - English or Workers' Comp Packet - Spanish

    Note: If you, as the employee, are not missing time from work, or seeking treatment, only the Employers First Report of Injury and Acknowledgement of Workers’ Compensation Network form are required.

    Workers’ Compensation Wage Benefits form declares to the District the employee’s choice to use available paid leave in conjunction with workers’ compensation benefits. Temporary Income Benefits [TIBS] eligibility does not begin until the eighth day of absence. Failure to submit this form will result in the use of any and all available leave including earned vacation.

    The injured employee must receive the “Injured Worker Rights and Responsibilities” information, which is located on the Pearland ISD website.

    The Accident Investigation Report form must be filled out after an accident. Please make sure this form is filled out in its entirety as this will help determine what action/preventive measure should be taken.

    Do not hesitate to call “911” for emergency assistance. As an injured employee needing medical attention in a non-emergency situation, you may go to any approved Alliance health care provider. Health care providers can be located at www.pswca.org.

    Comments (-1)
  • 4.) Where do I go to find an Alliance provider for workers' comp.?

    Posted by:

    To seek treatment from a network provider. Click here to find a network provider.

    • Please note that if you are required to see an Alliance provider but you choose not to, you may be responsible for payment for your own health care services.
    • If you have any questions regarding your work comp. status, contact us at (800) 482-7276.
    • Your adjuster is your primary point of contact on all claim-related issues. If you do not know the name of your adjuster, you can call (800) 482-7276 to obtain this information.
    • What clinic should I go to? You can find an Alliance primary care physician by clicking this link. https://www.pswca.org/find-a-provider.html You must present a Verification of Employment for a reported WC injury.
    • Can I go to my own physician? Only if they are in the Alliance as a treating doctor, not a specialist
    • Can I switch doctors if I don’t agree with the first doctor? The adjuster must be notified and under workers’compensation, an employee is allowed to switch doctors one time to another Alliance provider.
    Comments (-1)
  • 5.) What to do when I am ready to go back to work after Workers' Comp?

    Posted by:


    1. It is the responsibility of the injured employee to call his/her supervisor each week to report work status. Following each health care provider appointment, the injured employee must provide proof of the office visit to the Human Resource Services office, in person.
    2. The Human Resource Services office will notify the Department/Campus of any changes in the employee’s work status (additional loss of time, termination or resignation) via email or phone the day that the change occurs.
    3. If the employee seeks treatment, or misses 1 day, they must have a “Return to Work Notice” issued by Human Resource Services before they are allowed to go back to work.
    Comments (-1)
  • 6.) If I don’t understand the workers’compensation forms, who can I contact to assist me?

    Posted by:

     You can contact Nila Williams or Carrie Banuelos in Human Resource Services.

    Comments (-1)