Residency Affidavits are required if the parent does not have a lease or mortgage statement in their name and resides with someone in the Pearland Independent School District attendance zone.
Applying for New Residency Affidavit
Please be advised all affidavits are:
- One per family
- Required to be notarized prior to arriving at ESC
- Required to supply a copy of the supporting documents as listed below
- Required to be approved by ESC
2022-2023 Affidavit Forms
All of the attachments below are required:
- Parent - Government Issued Photo I.D.
- Parent - Current mail showing resident's address
- Parent - Parent Affidavit
- Resident - Government Issued Photo I.D.
- Resident - Current Utility Bill (Gas, Water or Electric – Disconnect Notices will not be accepted)
- Resident - Current Lease or Mortgage Statement (Property Tax Statement may be substituted)
- Resident - Resident Affidavit
2022-23 Parent's/Guardian's Assurance of Bona Fide Residence
2022-23 declaración jurada de residencia
The completed original affidavits including all attachments must be returned in an envelope to the Virgil Gant Educational Support Center located at 1928 N. Main St., Pearland, Texas for approval.
Please Note: No copies or notary services are available at the Educational Support Center. The Affidavit and attachments must be dropped off in the Affidavit drop box located in the foyer of Education Support Center. Upon approval, the affidavit will be dated and uploaded.
Renewal of Residency Affidavits
Students currently attending schools in the Pearland Independent School District under a residency affidavit must have their residency verified annually to avoid withdrawal from the Pearland Independent School District. Renewal Affidavits are mailed to all returning students at the end of June. All renewed Affidavits (for students already enrolled in Pearland ISD) must be turned into the Virgil Gant Educational Support Center at 1928 N Main St., Pearland, Texas, 77581.
NOTE: No photocopying or notarization of documents will be made on location.
If you no longer require a residency affidavit, please complete a change of address form and upload the required proof of residency documents (mortgage/lease/tax bill, and utility bill in your name) to the school to correct their records.