Sept. 1 - Aug. 31
- Once enrollment information has been received, carriers will send out ID cards within 7-10 business days.
- For additional information, go to Supplemental Benefits.
- For medical care and prescription drugs, contact the carrier directly or go online to register and print a temporary ID card:
- TRS ActiveCare-Aetna: 1-800-222-9205 or www.trsactivecareaetna.com
- Caremark Pharmacy: 1-800-222-9205 (Option #2) or www.caremark.com
Lincoln Dental Coverage:
- A paper copy of the Lincoln High and Low PPO ID or Dental DHMO cards can be printed from the Supplemental Benefitspage on the Pearland ISD website.
- Dental coverage can also be verified by the provider calling Lincoln Dental at 1-800-423-2765.
Superior Vision Coverage:
- A paper copy of the Superior Vision High and Low ID cards can be printed from the Supplemental Benefits page on the Pearland ISD website.
- Vision coverage can also be verified by the provider looking in the Superior Vision system at https://www.superiorvision.com/ or by calling Superior Vision at 1-800-507-3800.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA):
- You should have received an e-mail from TASC to setup your Universal Benefit Account online at www.tasconline.com, so you may view balances and request reimbursements online.
- The Participant Reference Guide will assist you with the initial login process for your MyTASC online account, how to use your TASC card and how to request reimbursement.
- If you did not receive an e-mail from TASC, and you would like to setup your Universal Benefit Account online, you may contact TASC at 1-800-422-4661.
Health Savings Account (HSA):
- You will receive an HSA card from the vendor, HSA Bank, within 5-7 business days after your first contribution has been received.
- You may setup your online account at http://www.hsabank.com/hsabank/members/member-website-and-features, to view your funds, file claims or distribution requests and more.
- If you have any questions regarding the HSA plan, please visit the FAQ page on the HSA Bank website at http://www.hsabank.com/hsabank/members/frequently-asked-questions.
- If you have any additional questions regarding your account, you may contact HSA Bank at 1-800-357- 6246 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Yes, if you have a qualifying event. Please refer to the Family Status Change page. If you do not have a qualifying event, you will have to wait until the next annual enrollment period to make changes.
Login to the enrollment site at my.tbx360.com/pearlandisd
You will be able to view your current benefit elections, as well as, update your contact information and beneficiary(ies).
For assistance with the TBX website or benefit questions, please contact Online Benefit Enrollment Assistance at 1.855.482.9669.
Yes, all employees must log onto TBX, the enrollment portal, and decline or elect benefits within 30 days of their employment start date and during the annual insurance enrollment period.
For assistance with the TBX enrollment protal or benefit questions, please contact the Call Center at 1.855.482.9669.
Yes. Please view information in regards to the flexible spending accounts on the Benefits Plans page, under Flexible Spending Account. If I enroll in the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) account, can I enroll in an HSA account as well? No. You will only be able to enroll in one or the other.
Please view information in regards to the health savings accounts on the Benefits Plans page, under Health Savings Account. If I enroll in the Health Savings Account (HSA) account, can I enroll in an FSA account as well? No. You will only be able to enroll in one or the other. If you want to enroll in an HSA, you will need to be on the TRS ActiveCare 1-HD plan, which is the high deductible plan.
Until he or she turns 26. It is the employee’s responsibility to notify the Benefits Office when a covered dependent child reaches the maximum age limit.
For TRS forms and information, you must contact TRS directly at 1-800-223-8778 or at https://www.trs.texas.gov/Pages/retirees_beneficiaries.aspx.
TRS has an update about changes to your TRS-Care benefits that take effect Jan. 1, 2018.
As a self-insured health benefits program, TRS-Care uses contributions from the state, public schools, employees and retirees to provide health care for participants. Over the past decade, health care costs have been skyrocketing, rising almost 10 percent each year. Without any changes to the program, TRS-Care was in danger of becoming too expensive to continue.In order to sustain TRS-Care for current and future retirees, the 85th Texas Legislature recently passed legislation that has changed the program’s benefits structure and provided additional funding to further support the program. On June 2, the TRS Board of Trustees approved new plan designs and premiums that go into effect Jan. 1, 2018.
Please visit the pages below to see how the changes affect you:
- To file a medical insurance claim, please visit https://www.pearlandisd.org/Page/246
- To file a reimbursement for prescriptions, please visit https://www.pearlandisd.org/Page/246
- To file a claim for a supplemental insurance carrier, the claim forms can be found here:
Complete form TRS 15 to designate a beneficiary or beneficiaries for active member death benefits or retiree survivor benefits.
The Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA) entitles all covered participants to continue their health coverage for up to 18 months after terminating employment with the district. This option requires the employee, or the employee's dependents, to pay both the employee's and the district's contributions for group premiums.
COBRA Continuation of Coverage:
- TRS ActiveCare-AETNA (Medical Insurance):
- Navigate HCR (Dental and/or Vision Insurance):
- 855-742-7427 Option 2; firstname.lastname@example.org