Thank you for your interest in substituting with Pearland ISD for the 2018-2019 school year. Pearland ISD appreciates your efforts to ensure the educational process is not interrupted and to prepare students to perform at their highest potential.
Substitute Teacher Orientations:
Friday, September 7th (FILLED AND CLOSED)
Friday, September 21st (FILLED AND CLOSED)
**MORE ORIENTATION DATES TO BE POSTED END OF SEPTEMBER
***please make sure to read the below steps on becoming a substitute
Substitute Teacher Orientation Reminders:
- Orientation will be held at 1928 N. Main St, Pearland, TX 77584, (Human Resources Training Room)
- Arrive 30 minutes before orientation begins
- SmartForms submitted through Winocular application system must be completed prior to attending orientation
- Transcripts uploaded to online application
- Region IV Certificate uploaded to online application (Non-Certified Applicants)
- Fingerprinting payment receipt, (if fingerprinting is applicable)
Steps to Becoming a Substitute
Previous Substitutes that did not submit a Letter of Reasonable Assurance for the 2018-2019 school year will have to be rehired. Please contact HR with questions.
The below steps must be completed prior to attending orientation.
Substitute Teachers must meet one of the following criteria:
- have completed a miniumum of sixty (60) semester hours from an accredited college or university
- have a college degree from an accredited college or university or
- have a Texas Teaching Certificate
1. Complete Online Application:
Complete the substitute online application. You must attach transcripts and certifications (if applicable) before attending orientation. Once an orientation date is posted, you are required to attach your application to the date selected. Please continue to check our website for orientations. The dates are posted on an as needed basis.
If you need a computer or a scanner, they are available in the Employment Center in Human Resource Services. After you apply for an orientation date, you will receive an email to complete the necessary employment process.
If fingerprinting is needed, you will receive an email with your fingerprinting Fast Pass, which will have a contact number to find an L-1 fingerprinting facility. You are responsible for payment and scheduling this appointment. The facility will accept credit/debit card, check or money order payment for $45.75 plus tax (no cash). Take your Fast Pass to the appointment along with a valid ID. Otherwise, you will be notified to move on to the next step.
3. Complete Region 4 Online Training- (Standard or Lifetime Texas Certified Teachers excluded)
Visit the Region 4 Substitute Training page. Registration is $25 for the online course. Attach a certificate of completion to your Pearland ISD online application before orientation. For questions about this course, contact Region 4.
- When registering for Substitute Training 1.2, you will see three drop-downs. Please put Pearland ISD for the district, pick any school in our district and put paraprofessional in the last-drop down.
- Once you have registered and paid, you will find your online course on the left hand-side. Click "Registration/Certificate," then the "Online Courses" tab. Finally, click the play button. (The program player will prompt you if you do not have the player requirements.)
- To print certificate- Click "Registration/Certificate", then "Completed". There is a hyperlink to the course "Evaluation". Once the evaluation is complete a computer generated Region 4 certificate with your name will give you the option to "Save" or "Print".
4. Substitute Teacher SmartForms:
Once fingerprinting has been verified, you will receive an email to complete required electronic forms. SmartForms can only be completed using Internet Explorer. You may log back into your online application and click on the "Substitute Teacher Forms" on the right. Once you complete these forms, click "Send to HR."
5. Prior to Orientation bring the following to HR:
- Fingerprinting payment receipt, if applicable
- Acceptable, unexpired documents for your I-9 (do not print out I-9 form)
- SmartForms submitted to HR
Substitute Office Contacts:
HR Support Specialist
*Do you or someone you know meet the below qualifications to substitute as a Nurse or Health Care Assistant (HCA) and may be interested in making extra money? If so, please view and share the information below.
Substitutes for the Clinic:
Nurse substitutes: $95 per day
- Valid RN
- Valid CPR Certification
- Can sub in HCA positions at RN sub rate
Health Care Assistant substitutes: $75 per day
- Background in Health Sciences- 60 college hours preferred
- Valid CPR/First Aid certificate
*Once you complete an online application to substitute in our clinics, please contact HRS at 281-485-3203 and we will provide a number to contact the district head nurses to schedule a brief interview. Thank you.