Thank you for your interest in substituting with Pearland ISD for the 2020-2021 school year. Pearland ISD appreciates your efforts to ensure the educational process is not interrupted and to prepare students to perform at their highest potential.
Substitute Teacher Orientations:
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, our Substitute office will be conducting Substitute Orientations via Zoom.
Our next Zoom Orientation will be held January 2021. Please check the website periodically for a date. Once an orientation date is posted you will use your application to apply for that posting "Substitute Zoom Orientation". We will reach out with further instructions.
Substitute Teachers must meet one of the following criteria:
- have completed a miniumum of sixty (60) semester hours from an accredited college or university or
- have a college degree from an accredited college or university or
- have a Texas Teaching Certificate
**A high school diploma or GED for aide and clerical substitute positions
You MUST complete all necessary requirements listed below prior to becoming a substitute. Once an application is submitted, you will receive an email from the substitute office with information on next steps.
1. Complete Online Application:
Complete the substitute online application. You must attach transcripts and certifications (if applicable).
If fingerprinting is needed, you will receive an email with your fingerprinting Fast Pass.
3. Complete Region 4 Online Training- (Standard/Lifetime Texas Certified/Student Teachers excluded)
Visit the Region 4 Substitute Training page. Registration is $25 for the online course. Please complete the training once you have received an email from the HR office stating you are in the orientation class. We will not reimburse for the course if you do not get in to the orientation class. Upload your certificate of completion to your Frontline application once completed.
- When registering for Substitute Training 1.2, you will see three drop-downs. Please put Pearland ISD for the district, pick any school in our district and put paraprofessional in the last-drop down.
- Once you have registered and paid, you will find your online course on the left hand-side. Click "Registration/Certificate," then the "Online Courses" tab. Finally, click the play button. (The program player will prompt you if you do not have the player requirements.)
- To print certificate- Click "Registration/Certificate", then "Completed". There is a hyperlink to the course "Evaluation". Once the evaluation is complete a computer generated Region 4 certificate with your name will give you the option to "Save" or "Print".
4. Substitute Teacher New Hire Forms:
Once fingerprinting has been completed/verified, you will receive an email to complete required electronic forms from Frontline Education.
5. Once you have attended an orientation, the Substitute Office will contact you to schedule a time to bring in the following to HR:
- Acceptable, unexpired documents for your I-9 (do not print out I-9 form)
- Fingerprint receipt (if applicable)
Substitute Office Contacts:
HR Support Specialist
*Do you or someone you know meet the below qualifications to substitute as a Nurse or Health Care Assistant (HCA) and may be interested in making extra money? If so, please view and share the information below.
Substitutes for the Clinic:
Nurse substitutes: $95 per day
- Valid RN
- Valid CPR Certification
- Can sub in HCA positions at RN sub rate
Health Care Assistant substitutes: $75 per day
- Background in Health Sciences- 60 college hours preferred
- Valid CPR/First Aid certificate
*Once you complete an online application to substitute in our clinics, please contact Christine Beck, Health Services Coordinator, at 281-485-3203 to discuss your interest. Thank you.