Thank you for your interest in substituting with Pearland ISD for the 2019-2020 school year. Pearland ISD appreciates your efforts to ensure the educational process is not interrupted and to prepare students to perform at their highest potential.
Completing the substitute application does not guarantee a substitute employee position. You MUST complete all necessary requirements listed below.
Substitute Teacher Orientations:
We have reached our maximum number of substitutes for 2019. Please check back in 2020 for future Orientation dates.
Substitute Teacher Orientation Reminders:
- Orientation will be held at 1928 N. Main St, Pearland, TX 77584, (Human Resources Training Room)
- Arrive 30 minutes before orientation begins
- New Hire Forms submitted through Frontline application system must be completed prior to attending orientation
- Transcripts uploaded to online application
- Region IV Certificate uploaded to online application (Non-Certified Applicants)
- Fingerprinting payment receipt, (if fingerprinting is applicable)
Steps to Becoming a Substitute
Previous Substitutes that did not submit a Letter of Reasonable Assurance for the 2019-2020 school year will have to be rehired. Please contact HR with questions.
Substitute Teachers must meet one of the following criteria:
- have completed a miniumum of sixty (60) semester hours from an accredited college or university
- have a college degree from an accredited college or university or
- have a Texas Teaching Certificate
1. Complete Online Application:
Complete the substitute online application. You must attach transcripts and certifications (if applicable) before attending orientation.
If you need a computer or a scanner, they are available in the Employment Center in Human Resource Services. After you apply for an orientation date, you will receive an email to complete the necessary employment process.
If fingerprinting is needed, you will receive an email with your fingerprinting Fast Pass, which will have a contact number to find an L-1 fingerprinting facility. You are responsible for payment and scheduling this appointment. The facility will accept credit/debit card, check or money order payment for $48.00 plus tax (no cash). Take your Fast Pass to the appointment along with a valid ID.
3. Complete Region 4 Online Training- (Standard or Lifetime Texas Certified Teachers excluded)
Visit the Region 4 Substitute Training page. Registration is $25 for the online course. Attach a certificate of completion to your Pearland ISD online application before orientation. For questions about this course, contact Region 4. Please complete the training once you have received an email from the HR office stating you are in the orientation class. We will not reimburse for the course if you do not get in to the orientation class. This training is not required for Texas Certified Teachers or Student Teachers.
- When registering for Substitute Training 1.2, you will see three drop-downs. Please put Pearland ISD for the district, pick any school in our district and put paraprofessional in the last-drop down.
- Once you have registered and paid, you will find your online course on the left hand-side. Click "Registration/Certificate," then the "Online Courses" tab. Finally, click the play button. (The program player will prompt you if you do not have the player requirements.)
- To print certificate- Click "Registration/Certificate", then "Completed". There is a hyperlink to the course "Evaluation". Once the evaluation is complete a computer generated Region 4 certificate with your name will give you the option to "Save" or "Print".
4. Substitute Teacher New Hire Forms:
Once fingerprinting has been completed/verified, you will receive an email to complete required electronic forms from Frontline Education.
5. Prior to Orientation bring the following to HR:
- Fingerprinting payment receipt, if applicable
- Acceptable, unexpired documents for your I-9 (do not print out I-9 form)
Substitute Office Contacts:
HR Support Specialist
*Do you or someone you know meet the below qualifications to substitute as a Nurse or Health Care Assistant (HCA) and may be interested in making extra money? If so, please view and share the information below.
Substitutes for the Clinic:
Nurse substitutes: $95 per day
- Valid RN
- Valid CPR Certification
- Can sub in HCA positions at RN sub rate
Health Care Assistant substitutes: $75 per day
- Background in Health Sciences- 60 college hours preferred
- Valid CPR/First Aid certificate
*Once you complete an online application to substitute in our clinics, please contact Sandra Rivas, Substitute Clerk, at 281-485-3203 and we will provide a number to contact the district head nurses to schedule a brief interview. Thank you.