The Tech How-To's
Login Credentials and Technology How To’s
Students in 5-12th grade will use their username and password.
Example ONLY (For 5-12 Grade):
Student's Network Username = xyz.12000
Student's Network Password = Student Created Password
If a student in 5th-12th grade forgets their password, they can reset it at this address: https://techportal.pearlandisd.org/acctpwd/
Office 365/Microsoft Teams
All students have access to Microsoft 365, which includes Teams. Students can access their account by going to the Student Tab of the Pearland ISD Webpage and clicking on [portal.office.com]Office 365. Follow the instructions to download all of the Microsoft apps on your personal devices. Heads up: If you are using an updated version of Safari on a Mac/Apple device, you may not be able to access Teams. If you use a different browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you should be able to open Teams without issue. Once you’ve downloaded the apps, use these steps to log into Microsoft Teams.
1. Go online to the PearlandISD website. https://www.pearlandisd.org/
2. Click on students in the top right hand corner of the webpage.
3. On the left-hand side of the webpage, click on Microsoft 365
4. Log on using your PearlandISD log on. Don’t forget to add @pearlandisd.org to your username to make it an email address, then enter your normal password (what you use to log onto the computers at school)
5. Your first, middle, and last initial with your Skyward ID + @pearlandisd.org, like this example: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Once in Office 365, click on Teams
7. Depending on the class time, select your homeroom in the appropriate teacher’s subject.
8. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you can go to the Posts tab and type in the box that says Start a new conversation. Your teachers will help you as soon as they can or classmates can help you too. You can also use the Chat function on the left-hand side to instantly chat with me one-on-one.
**For easy Teams access, you can also use the Canvas buttons created by your content area teachers on their Canvas homepages to take you directly to the Microsoft Team for that class. Find the one labeled with your homeroom in the subject area you need, then enter the Teams chat as needed for remote lessons and for starting a Chat to get help from your teacher.
If your student is in grades 5-12, Canvas is the tool that contains all content and assignments from your child’s teacher.
Your login credentials for Canvas are the normal ones you use for school.
Please use the following videos to understand how to use Canvas.
Student Help Guides: https://www.pearlandisd.org/Page/25333
Parent Pairing: https://www.pearlandisd.org/Page/24587
Student Tutorials are available to include iPad basics, laptop basics, and tutorials for Microsoft 365 and more.
Student Tutorials: https://www.pearlandisd.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=24985