Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts in English from The University of Texas at Austin Certifications: English Language Arts and Reading (grades 8-12) English as a Second Language Supplemental
Mrs. Lisa Atieno
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!
This will be my fourth year teaching at Oiler Nation. After completing my degree in English in 2012, I taught for three years at Horn High School in Mesquite, Texas. I am looking forward to teaching English I, Pre-AP English II and assistant coaching Academic Decathlon this school year. Below are some fun facts about me as well as some of my favorite good reads:
- I love to bake! I really enjoy baking old family recipes and putting a new spin on them.
- I am a self-proclaimed nerd. I love Shakespeare with a passion, Doctor Who (a British TV show), Star Wars, Superhero films, and things along those lines.
- I love traveling. I've been to such amazing places as Spain, Italy, the Caribbean, and I spent a summer in England studying Shakespeare.
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
Tuesday & Thursday: 6:30-7:05 AM
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday: 2:30-3:15
OR by appointment
**Please be aware that Mrs. Atieno does NOT hold tutoring Monday mornings or Friday afternoon.
Oiler Hour Tutorials:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 12:15-12:45
*I have Academic Decathlon 5th period and may be in another room during Oiler Hour. If students plan on attending Oiler Hour tutorials with me, then they MUST inform me at least a day in advance, so I can make sure to be in my room.