Internet Issues? Getting blocked on school approved website? Can't access a school resource like Canvas or Office 365? Can't connect to the WIFI?
A restart of the computer fixes 99% of these issues. In fact, a proper shutdown of the laptop is required everyday. Shutdown the laptop every day by clicking the Windows Icon (Start Menu), choose the Power option, and select Shut Down. Closing the laptop lid, pressing the power button, or allowing the battery to run out are not proper shutdown procedures.
Laptop won't power on? Laptop running a diagnostic check at startup? Laptop turns on and immediately turns off?
Sounds like the battery is critically low or completely dead. Check the following:
- Make sure the charger is not damaged at the connection port
- Make sure the charger is securely attached to the laptop, secured at the wall outlet, and the cables are securely connected to the charger's block
- Try plugging the charger into a different outlet
- If the charger is working (light is on), allow your laptop to charge for at least ten minutes, then try turning it on again.
Tips for laptop care:
- Shutdown the laptop every day by clicking the Windows Icon (Start Menu), choose the Power option, and select Shut Down. Closing the laptop lid, pressing the power button, or allowing the battery to run out are not proper shutdown procedures.
- Charge the laptop every night.
- Leave the protective case on the laptop at all times.
- Keep the laptop and case free of stickers or other markings.
- Keep food, drinks, and pets away from the laptop.
- Save files to Office 365 (not to the desktop or local computer).
To get technical help at Turner High School, please complete this form.