- Pay Range - The range of pay from minimum to maximum, established for a pay grade. Used as a guideline for setting and controlling individual pay rates
- Job Family - Jobs involving work of the same nature but requiring different skill and responsibility levels
- Pay Grade - One of the levels or groups into which jobs of the same or similar value are grouped for compensation purposes.
- Minimum Pay Rate - The lowest pay value in a pay range.
- Midpoint Rate - The control point in a pay range that is halfway between the min and max points. This is the competitive control point representing the desired target rate of pay for experienced and competent job incumbents.
- Maximum Pay Rate - The highest pay value in a pay range.
- General Pay Increase (GPI) - A pay increase given “across the board” to all or to a general category of employees without variation for individual performance.
- Equity Adjustment - A special pay increase granted, in addition to a general pay increase, to correct or improve an identified inequity in pay.
- Market Comparison - The ratio of pay for a job compared to pay for the same job in the external job market.
Additional Texas Association of School Boards Glossary of Compensation Terms