Financial Aid Requirement
In accordance with Texas Education Code (TEC) 28.0256, beginning with students enrolled in 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year, each student must do ONE of the following in order to graduate:
- Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete and submit a Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA)
- Submit a signed opt-out form
Links for each application/form:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA)
- Opt-out forms: financial aid application or submit an opt-out (English/Spanish)
- Click here to create your FSA ID.
- Click here to start your FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid).
- Click here to start your TASFA (Texas Application for Financial Aid, online available in October 2022).
- Financial Aid Guidance for Families – A toolkit is available to download.
- Toolkit for families and students (Texas OnCourse)
- Check with your student’s School Counselor for more information.