I am a graduate of the University of Houston-Clear Lake. I have been in education for 25 years, from Kinder through higher education. I am originally from Baja California, Mexico. I've lived in the U.S. since I was 16 years old, and love being bilingual, bicultural, and bi-literate. I enjoy reading, physical activities, and traveling. My goal, as an educator, is to make learning meaningful, relevant, and fun. I believe that children learn in different ways, and I respect and validate their learning styles with every lesson that I impart.
If you would like to contact me, please feel free to call Sam Jamison Middle School at 281-412-1440, and leave a message with the school secretary. You can also email me at GraciaLc@pearlandisd.org and I will get back to you within 24 hours.
• Respect yourself, the teacher & others.
• Put forth your best effort at all times.
• Be prepared for class each day.
• Follow directions when given.
• Pay attention, participate and ask questions, especially in Spanish.
• Preserve a positive learning environment.
• Take responsibility for your actions.
• What is the Two-Way Dual Language Immersion Program?
• The Dual Language Program provides an Immersion model for English-speaking students. It is an “additive bilingual” program to ensure that all students learn a second language without losing their first.
• Spanish speakers have the opportunity to expand their vocabulary and build a strong base in their first language. This enables them to be more successful as they acquire English. The instruction of Spanish and English is always kept separate, allowing for maximized development of both languages.
• Heterogeneous grouping during the Spanish portion of the day provides students with the opportunities to assist and learn from one another, allowing second language acquisition to occur naturally. They truly learn from one another, developing high levels of confidence and self-esteem through their study of two languages.