Inter-District Student Transfers for Children of Non-Employees
Parent and child live outside the Pearland ISD boundary. Parent is not a fulltime PISD employee. You must select Inter-District $50 Transfer in the Student Transfer Program.
These transfers are for students eligible for first grade or higher. No kindergarten or Pre-k students are accepted for this transfer due to the uncertainty of class sizes. Younger siblings of current transfer students are not an exception.
Application Period – 12:00 AM, February 1, 2023 to March 10, 2023, 11:59 PM
Input your application early to avoid any problem. The automated program will shut down precisely at 11:59 PM on March 10, 2023 and will not allow late applications. Space may be limited at some campuses.
All required documents and payment must be submitted online together, attached to the transfer application, uploaded with the completed application. Payment must be made individually per each student application, paid on each transfer application. We cannot accept partial applications. Please do not delay in applying once the application period opens. It may cause you to miss the deadline. The automated program will not accept any early or late applications.
The following campuses/programs are closed to inter-district transfers unless the student is a current transfer student attending that campus or a current transfer student in that feeder pattern. Additional campuses and/or programs may close as they reach capacity.
- Magnolia Elementary
- Silverlake Elementary is nearing capacity - second choice campus may be approved
- Sablatura Middle School
- Berry Miller Junior High
- Pearland Junior High South
- Pearland Junior High West
- Dawson High School
- Turner High School
- GT Academy
- PACE Center
- All Kindergarten classes
- All Pre-k classes
- Dual Language Program
The transfer program will not allow you to select a campus that is closed. If a student is a current transfer student at a closed campus or a current transfer student in that feeder pattern, you will select “previous campus attended” to continue attendance in the pattern. Input a note indicating your selected campus.
Information you need prior to applying for a transfer:
- The district name and campus name of the school your child is zoned to attend for the grade applied for. Students transfer from the school they are zoned to attend for the grade applied for, even if they have never attended that school. They do not transfer from homeschool, private school, charter school, school they attended on a transfer, etc.
- The county code, district code, and campus code of the school your child is zoned to attend for the grade applied for. These are not zip codes, area codes or phone numbers. Contact your zoned school or zoned district office for the information. (example: Brazoria County is 020, Pearland ISD is 908, Pearland HS is 001, so the code for PHS is 020/908/001. Your code will vary by county, district, and campus where you are zoned to attend.) Applications will be rejected without the correct information.
- If your child attended a school other than Pearland ISD during the 2022-2023 school year, you will need to submit records for the schools attended including attendance, punctuality, and discipline records for all of the schools attended during the 2022-2023 school year to establish eligibility, and records/details of any Special Program that your child qualifies to receive services for.
- Application must be made by the parent the student lives with who is listed as parent on the student birth certificate, or by the legal guardian who the student lives with. A legal guardian must upload the court order appointing them as legal guardian with the application.
Did your student attend Pearland ISD in 2022-23 as a $50 Inter-District transfer?