Inter-District Student Transfers for Children of Employees
Employee and child live outside the Pearland ISD boundary. You must select Inter-District Transfer in the program.
Transfer period begins February 1, 2023.
A child of a full-time Pearland ISD employee: The full-time employee must be the parent the child lives with and:
- Be listed as parent on the student’s birth certificate, OR
- Be married to the parent listed on the student’s birth certificate and live with the student, OR
- Be the court appointed permanent legal guardian who lives with the student
Other relations are not accepted. Documentation is required to establish eligibility.
A fulltime employee of Pearland ISD: an employee with a permanent position who receives a regular paycheck from Pearland ISD and qualifies for TRS. It does not include substitutes or contract workers.
Instruction for Employees
Employees must register their employee information in their profile in the program to have access past the deadline for non-employees, or to request your work location as the campus if it is a closed campus.
If you are a recent hire: The program will not recognize you as an employee until all of your employment information has been processed by the HR Dept., Technology Dept., and Payroll Dept. If you are a new full time employee and the transfer program does not recognize you as such, contact those departments to expedite the processing of your employment information. Also, verify that you input your information correctly in your profile.
The following campuses/programs are closed to inter-district transfers unless the parent is a full-time employee at that campus, the student is a current transfer student attending that campus, or a current transfer student in that feeder pattern. Additional campuses and/or programs may close as they reach capacity.
- Magnolia Elementary
- Silverlake Elementary is nearing capacity - second choice campus may be approved
- Sablatura Middle School
- Berry Miller Junior High
- Pearland Junior High South
- Pearland Junior High West
- Dawson High School
- PACE Center
- GT Academy
- Dual Language Program
The transfer program will not allow you to select a campus that is closed unless the parent works full time at that campus and their employee information is registered in their profile in the program. If the student is a current transfer student at the closed campus, or is a current transfer student in that feeder pattern, you will select “previous campus attended” to continue attendance in the feeder pattern. Input a comment indicating your campus request. PACE, and the GT Academy have no feeder patterns and are open to PISD residents only.
Information you need prior to applying for a transfer:
- The district name and campus name of the school your child is zoned to attend for the grade applied for. Students transfer from the school they are zoned to attend for the grade applied for, even if they have never attended that school. They do not transfer from homeschool, private school, charter school, school they attended on a transfer, etc.
- The county code, district code, and campus code of the school your child is zoned to attend for the grade applied for. These are not zip codes or phone numbers or area codes. Contact your zoned school or zoned district office for the information. (example: Brazoria County is 020, Pearland ISD is 908, Pearland HS is 001, so the code for PHS is 020/908/001. Your code will vary by county, district, and campus where you are zoned to attend.) Applications will be rejected without the correct information.
- If your child attended a school other than Pearland ISD during the 2022-2023 school year you will need to submit records for the schools attended including attendance, punctuality, and discipline records for all of the schools attended during the 2022-2023 school year to establish eligibility, and records/details of any Special Program that your child qualifies to receive services for.
By clicking on the link below, you verify that you have read all of the above information.