Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to Spanish 3
This year we will be using the text entitled Autentico 3. The text contains an organized presentation of language structure, vocabulary as well as valuable activities which will help us to use the language. Our goal is to improve our interpretive, interpersonal and presentational skills in the Spanish language. Students will develop their skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking in the Spanish language.The main goal is "communication," "knowing how, when and why to say what to whom."
Spanish 3 focuses on the past, future and compound tenses, vocabulary usage and contextual comprehension is essential. This course builds up on fundamentals learned and master in Spanish I. The same emphasis that Spanish I and 2 had in pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, useful phrases and the ability to understand read, write, listen and speak simple Spanish will be continue in this course. Also, this course will continue and further explore the cultural exposure to the wonders found in the Spanish world.
This course stresses the usage of appropriate Spanish and enables the student in the following areas:
- To further develop speaking and listening skills learned in Spanish I and II.
- To further build writing using appropriate Spanish grammar(different verb tenses, adjectives, nouns, adverbs, etc.)
at a basic/intermediate level in variety of new settings.
- To further build reading and comprehension skills of elementary/intermediate Spanish.
- To continue the expose to the Spanish cultural started in Spanish I and Spanish II.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Engage in conversations, provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions.
- Understand and interpret written and spoken Spanish on a variety of topics.
- Present information, concepts, and ideas to an audience of listeners or readers on a variety of topics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the practices and perspectives of the Spanish and Hispanic cultures,
and make comparisons between these cultures and your own.
- Reinforce and further your knowledge of other disciplines (math, science, art, etc.) through the use of Spanish.
- Show evidence of becoming a life-long learner by using Spanish for your personal enjoyment and enrichment.